Move Ellsbury for Butler and Heyward? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Move Ellsbury for Butler and Heyward?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Move Ellsbury for Butler and Heyward?

Postby lbblue » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:25 pm

12 team mixed league 5 keeper (5 keepers = first 5 rounds of the draft) roto league

Ellsbury was a keeper from last year but, obviously, has been rotting on my DL this entire season. Sounds like he should be back in about a month. I'm in 9th of 12 teams and it's mostly for struggling in offensive categories like HRs, RBI, and AVG. Not really ready to pack it in for the season since a major rally could put me in the top 4.

I was offered J. Heyward and B. Butler for Ellsbury (by the last place team who is waaaaay out of it and looking to set himself up with the best possible keepers). Those two could help me now but is it worth the chance? If Ellsbury comes back and is even close to what he was last season he'd be a no-brainer keeper again.

Tulo and Kinsler are sure thing offensive keepers. I also have D. Jennings, who I expect will have a solid 2nd half and may well end up being keeper worthy (CF/LF eligible and we start 3 OF: CF, LF, RF who have to have specific eligibility ). Strasburg is going to be a pitcher I keep and possibly Greinke, depending on where he lands this offseason and what my offensive keeper options look like.

Anyway...worth it? Make the move or stay put and keep Ellsbury?
lbblue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions