Is anyone trading for Lincecum? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Is anyone trading for Lincecum?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is anyone trading for Lincecum?

Postby Bondman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:15 pm

This is a perfect buy low option (I did for Josh Johnson already) but is he bouncing back? What are some of the trades you've made or seen made for him? And of course, most importantly, is he worth it?
Bondman
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Is anyone trading for Lincecum?

Postby sfjb » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:04 pm

I was offered Lincecum for my Josh Reddick. Tempted to pull the trigger on that one. Thoughts?
sfjb
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Quackman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:43 pm

Bondman wrote:This is a perfect buy low option (I did for Josh Johnson already) but is he bouncing back? What are some of the trades you've made or seen made for him? And of course, most importantly, is he worth it?

His velocity is down, its june and its still down. Sometimes these things turn out to be injuries. It could also just be that he is starting slow and the arm strength will come back. Personally im not sure, but its one or the other. That makes it risky. If you can get him cheap though it might be worth the gamble. good luck
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby mcmbpd » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:55 pm

I made a post ealier about a trade involving Lincecum so I'll share that again first in case you didn't see it: Many "experts" are calling for a rebound from Lincecum, propping him up as a prime buy-low candidate. Like alot of people I've got the extra innings package and I've watched all of Lincecum's starts, especially those against the Dodgers, my NL team. I haven't seen anything that indicates that Lincecum is going to magically turn things around...I also don't see anything that points to some unknown injury lying below the surface. All I see is a guy who has been a rock in the past, but has now averaged 220 IP/season over the last four years. And while he's only 26 yrs old he reminds me of another ace who started to break down around the same age, maybe you've heard of him: Jake Peavy. I think we are simply witnessing the decline of Tim Lincecum and his "big" injury is coming very soon. That being said I don't see that happening this year and I believe he will rebound somewhat, but his numbers will not come anywhere close to his previous seasons. We're looking at a very pedestrian year from Lincecum in 2012.

I'd take on the risks associated with Lincecum for Reddick though...as low as I am on Lincecum I'm even lower on Reddick. I think the potential bounceback for Lincecum, if by some miracle it happened, would be much more benefical than anything that Reddick will offer in the rest of the 2012 season.
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." --Yogi Berra
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions