My Strasburg for His J. Upton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

My Strasburg for His J. Upton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Strasburg for His J. Upton

Postby aerrico » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:19 am

Hey guys. I'm currently in first place in a 6x6 10 team roto league with the five standard categories plus OPS and Holds. The league is fairly deep and we start a MI, CI, 4 OF, and 3 UTIL position. I have a solid pitching staff anchored by Strasburg, Greinke, Bumgarner, and James McDonald, but was recently shopping Strasburg, as I'm a bit worried he will be shut down late in the season due to the innings cap. I was offered Justin Upton straight up for Strasburg and am leaning toward taking this deal. Typically, I would always value the offensive player over the pitcher, even one who has been dominant as Strasburg has. However, considering Justin Upton has only really had one elite fantasy season and is struggling through the first 1/3 of the season this year, I am trying to figure out if I am getting enough for a pitcher of Strasburg's caliber.

If you do not think Justin Upton is a sufficient enough straight up deal, any suggestions for the offensive players that you would do a straight up deal (you can omit the truly obvious ones) would be appreciated. Also, I have solid players at all of the starting positions, so I consider position to be an almost irrelevant factor when considering the offensive player. I am simply looking for the best overall bat to add to my offense.
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My Strasburg for His J. Upton

Postby MaudDib » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:01 am

I am fine with the deal. I like Upton a lot so take that into consideration but I think this is a great time to buy low on Upton and I do think he can still put together a really good season.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby ATLbraves » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:05 am

MaudDib wrote:I am fine with the deal. I like Upton a lot so take that into consideration but I think this is a great time to buy low on Upton and I do think he can still put together a really good season.

Completely agree. ;-D

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby aerrico » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:04 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. I initially felt this was a good deal but needed some confirmation haha. Pulled the trigger this morning.
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions