Rate My Team, Leave a Link and I will rate yours too! Thank - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate My Team, Leave a Link and I will rate yours too! Thank

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate My Team, Leave a Link and I will rate yours too! Thank

Postby smitty10j » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:43 pm

Hey just wondering what other people think of my team, if you would like your rated, leave the link and I will let you know, thanks!

10-Team H2H League, not a keeper league, 10 batting and 10 pitching categories. If there is any other information you would like to know, just ask.

Categories: Hitting : R, H, HR, RBI, SB, K, TB, AVG, OBP, OPS,
Pitching: IP, W, L, CG, SHO, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

My Roster
C - Matt Weiters
1B - Prince Fielder
2B - Howie Kendrick
3B - Adrian Beltre
SS - Troy Tulowitzki
OF - Josh Hamilton
OF - Andrew McCutchen
OF - Nelson Cruz
Utl - Mike Trout
Utl - Kendrys Morales
Ben - Neil Walker
Ben - Allen Craig
DL - Carl Crawford

P - Johan Santana
P - Dan Haren
P - C.J. Wilson
P - Jake Peavy
P - Colby Lewis
P - Anibal Sanchez
P - Ervin Santana
RP - Joel Hanrahan
RP - Santiago Casilla
RP - Rafael Soriano
RP - Tyler Clippard
smitty10j
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate My Team, Leave a Link and I will rate yours too! T

Postby LightItUp95 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:39 pm

From what I see, your offense looks fine (You, like myself, were wise and picked up Mike Trout. High Five!). In terms of pitching however, upgrades are needed. I'd tell you to sell high on Santana, but now you'll have to wait until his next start to see if he can recoup some value. I would sell high on Peavy and Lewis and see what you can get. Lastly, I would drop Casilla, he's not going to get anymore saves with Reed in the 9th. Try picking up a personal favorite of mine, Tom Wilhelmsen of the Mariners, who will get you saves. If he's not available, try for guys like Ryan Cook or maybe a Cory Wade who will help you with ERA/holds.

Oh, and here:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=448778

Good hunting.
LightItUp95
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ks501 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:14 pm

Great infield. I think I have a subconscious bias against Prince Fielder for being fat. He's a great player though and if Howie improves that infield probably has to be the best in your league. I love Wieters this season. He didn't hit many flyballs last year compared to the rest of his career, but his HR/FB took a jump. Some BABIP luck and some more fly balls and you could easily wind up with .275 30 90 out of your C spot and you probably picked that up in the 5th round or so, maybe later in a 10 team league. That's awesome. I really think he's going to break out. You know the Orioles think so too with the "long term extension" talk coming from out of them. Great sign they're thinking he's in for a big year.

You don't need to be told your outfield is dank. Filthy dank. You do need to be told to get Allen Craig off your bench ASAP, though. Get that dude in where Morales is. Don't even think about seeing what Morales can do in Safeco over Allen Craig. Allen hit 22 bombs in 119 games. 1B is his home now, if he gets into 140 games your looking at 30+ HR potential. He can mash. Safeco is basically death to a hitter, see Adrian Beltre before and after Safeco for proof. MVP candidate in LA prior, MVP candidate in BOS and TEX after. That's just one example. There's tons. RIP Morale's SLG%.

CJ Wilson is a nice under the radar bounce back candidate. So is Haren, but I'm not sold on either guy enough to want to depend on them like I am with Halladay, Lincecum and Lester who I think are slightly better bounce-back buy-low's. Do not trade Peavy. Cling to Peavy and hope he repeats last season. You need that. Peavy, a CJ bounce back, and some luck with Haren and your pitching could be in the middle of the pack and you probably get a playoff spot. Hanrahan is going to implode in very ugly fashion. Put your closer candidates back on the waiver wire and get some guys like Pestano, Mike Adams, Kenley Jansen and maybe even TBs McGee. I know Rodney was insane last year, but I'm less than sold on him being consistent. Tons of turn over in MLB bullpens from year to year, I like McGee long term way better. Weirder things have happened than a Rodney implosion and McGee is next for sure.

edit: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=457079 <----- my team.
ks501
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby miggycab#1 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:57 pm

Mike Minor is a sleeper I think could be valuable. At least watch him. Also Drew Smyly/Rick Porcello could be a steal. Those are a few guys I'd recommend watching and maybe adding. http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse? ... sonId=2013
miggycab#1
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 52)

Postby ks501 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:17 pm

Maybe you can get lucky and Clay Buchholz went undrafted. His fastball is an awesome contact-out pitch and his change up is one of the best in the game. If he stays healthy, he'll be back to his 2010-2011 self that finished just outside the top 5 in the AL Cy in 2010. Look at his last 100 innings. If you can get him off the wire, or trade something more or less fungible for him, you're ok. He'll contribute wins and a low ERA.
ks501
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Saltydog » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:29 pm

It appears that you have about 5 or 6 top 25 offensive players. That alone gives you a tremendous advantage.

Your pitching can easily be shored up for a lower valued bat that will likely overperform for the first half. (Kendrick, Craig, Cruz)

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=457088
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 143)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team