My Smoak for his Tex? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

My Smoak for his Tex? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Smoak for his Tex? WHIR

Postby coolarmadillo » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:27 am

12 team 5 x 5 keeper league, start 25 players, 40 man rosters.

I am currently in first place by 13 points, but always looking to get better. We only get four new keepers a year and they have to come from specific groups of rounds. One of the guys we can keep from the late rounds is Smoak. We already traded Chapman from this group and our next best options are Altuve, Domonic Brown, and Smoak. Players from this group of rounds were drafted in rounds 21 through 34 and may be kept an additional three years for the cost of that round's draft pick in any future season in which he is kept (we could keep Smoak for three more years for the cost of our 26th round draft pick each of the next three years. If you trade someone you have already named as a keeper, the new team gets the remainder of his contract and you cannot name another keeper from that group of rounds for yourself.

So, I've been offered Tex (who cannot be kept beyond this year) for Justin Smoak if I will name Smoak our keeper from those rounds before we actually make the trade. we had been hesitant to name a player as a keeper before trading them, but I feel like this is such a strong upgrade and rare opportunity to sell high on Smoak that could help put this championship away that I don't know if I should care about having a keeper from those rounds. Is there any chance, barring injury, that giving up Smoak and the opportunity to name a keeper from the late rounds is too much for four months of tex?

The more I think about it, we still get to draft someone from those rounds next year and could draft an equally strong keeper option with that pick next year. I can't believe I'm even debating this. Am I crazy? Sorry. New to keeper leagues. Please leave a link and I will return the favor.
coolarmadillo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My Smoak for his Tex? WHIR

Postby Seanyfever » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:21 pm

All respect to Smoak and some decline by Tex.... I still like Tex.

HELP POINT ME IN ONE DIRECTION ON THESE TRADE TALKS
viewtopic.php?t=448647
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 249)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions