Help! Do I veto this trade? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Help! Do I veto this trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help! Do I veto this trade?

Postby bodsquad » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Maybe I am too close since I tried to trade with this owner. First off the owner is kind of dick. Yes I am already biased. This is a keeper/contract league and the owner needs to trade verlander before the trading deadeline. Here is the trade.

Ardolis Chapman for Verlander and $1.25.

Is this completely lopsided. Verlander for chapman isn't even close and then he needs to throw in $1.25. Not huge just some extra cap space, but it makes it that more lopsided.

I offered him Halladay. Contract space wasn't an issue for him until 4 years from now. He rejected the offer because Hallady(yes he is on the dl until the ASB) is 35 and verlander is only 29.

He told me he wanted up and comers. We also have prospects I offered him Pedro Alverez, Drabek and Gerrit Cole. rejected as well.

So I offered him King Felix, $10 and Drabek. The $10 is to equalize the contract space. rejected.

So he trades for chapman??? really it makes no sense. Is chapman a SP or a RP and how good is he really going to be.

Maybe I am biter because I traded away chapman 2 years ago. I did just fine on my trade.
The league is a serious keeper league that has had 5 out of the 10 owners playing together for 10 years. The owner that has made the trade is only in the leauge for two years and he inherited a fair team and has made it better, but this trade is completely stupid. I guess I can be glad that this trade is going to the last place owner and not a contender.

I think I am going to have to vote against this trade.
bodsquad
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 46)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help! Do I veto this trade?

Postby baegames » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Let me see if I have the information straight.

Verlander can not be kept past this year.
The team that has Verlander is currently out of contention for this year, and so wants to get something for him.
He went and traded for the closer of the Reds who may be having the best relief season in history in some ways.
Said reliever is 24 years old.

The only information that was not noted is how many keepers one can keep and what value Chapman can be kept at. I think it's a pretty good haul for a player you have to trade. You might get more, but you might not. By the way, if I had Verlander, I'd take Chapman at a good contract (an assumption) over Halladay (at an assumed less good contract). No veto.

Help with mine:

viewtopic.php?t=448606
baegames
General Manager
General Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 209)

Postby Quackman » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:06 pm

90% of his pitches are 100mph or more, halladay doesnt even compare with chapman in a keeper league. He sounds like a smart owner thats building for the future. You shouldnt be steamed at all.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby bodsquad » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:11 pm

I understand about Halladay a little, but King Felix. I don't understand. I must be massively undervaluing Chapman. I just don't see hit. yes he throws gas, but so did Zumaya and Joba Chamberlain. Chapman could turn into a stud, but he certainly hasn't showed he is a stud yet. Ok he has 4 wins and 6 saves 54 k's in 30ip era and whip are sick. I will admit his numbers are much better than I would have thought, but what is his future? Is he going to be a RP or a SP?
bodsquad
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 46)

Postby Quackman » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:00 am

bodsquad wrote:I understand about Halladay a little, but King Felix. I don't understand. I must be massively undervaluing Chapman. I just don't see hit. yes he throws gas, but so did Zumaya and Joba Chamberlain. Chapman could turn into a stud, but he certainly hasn't showed he is a stud yet. Ok he has 4 wins and 6 saves 54 k's in 30ip era and whip are sick. I will admit his numbers are much better than I would have thought, but what is his future? Is he going to be a RP or a SP?

Ya their is more to chapman than your thinking. He came out of nowhere, basically threw for a few workouts and teams were going nuts a couple years ago. hes only got better since then. Reds gave him like 30mill contract and he was totally unproven. That says a ton of what the pro's think of his talent. The outside baseball stuff seems to be in the news but thats the only neg i can think of.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby MadDog36 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:16 am

NO VETO
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero