Pitching Help WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Pitching Help WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pitching Help WHIR

Postby ahcryky » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:40 am

Underachieving pitching staff, and have been streaming starters all year. Last three weeks I have dropped from first to fourth, basically Bats have been carrying me, and am currently loosing the the 9th place team this week 13-1. I know it's early, but I don't want to continue to slide. 10 team Yahoo keeper. Pitching cats...... W SV HR K ERA WHIP QS I'm losing faith in Latos and probably would be looking to drop him.

WW options that I'm looking at
Burnett
Buchholz
Bauer (supposed to be called up soon)

My Staff
Kershaw
McDonald
Parker (Streamer that I picked up this week)
Axford
Clippard
Frieri
Sale
Moore (Picked him up this week dropping Fister)
Cueto
Shields
Kennedy
Latos

Leave a link and I promise to help. Thanks!
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pitching Help WHIR

Postby Fantasy Addict » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:09 am

You cannot drop Latos. He Looked really good last night, but for some reason imploded in the 6th inning.

AJ Burnett= Wins a losses will be about even. ERA will hover near 5.00. You cant sacrifice 3-4 cats for only one.
Clay Buchholz = I never plan on keeping a career 1.30 whip guy with no DOM on my staff permanently. He is WW fodder.
Tevor Bauer = This is your guy out of the three by far. Young guy will struggle, and be very inconsistent by playoff time though. -Once batters have a scouting report on him. H e is not the next Strasburg so dont think about dropping Latos for him.

Drop J Parker if you ned to do this. Your pitching staff looks pretty formidable. Sheilds, Kersahaw, Latos, and Kennedy will be hitting all cyl's by the end of this month. June is no time to panic.
Be the change you want to see in this world.
Fantasy Addict
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby sclyon3 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:16 am

Fantasy Addict wrote:You cannot drop Latos. He Looked really good last night, but for some reason imploded in the 6th inning.

AJ Burnett= Wins a losses will be about even. ERA will hover near 5.00. You cant sacrifice 3-4 cats for only one.
Clay Buchholz = I never plan on keeping a career 1.30 whip guy with no DOM on my staff permanently. He is WW fodder.
Tevor Bauer = This is your guy out of the three by far. Young guy will struggle, and be very inconsistent by playoff time though. -Once batters have a scouting report on him. H e is not the next Strasburg so dont think about dropping Latos for him.

Drop J Parker if you ned to do this. Your pitching staff looks pretty formidable. Sheilds, Kersahaw, Latos, and Kennedy will be hitting all cyl's by the end of this month. June is no time to panic.

Totally agree. I just used my waiver to pick up Latos a few days ago. He will get things straightened out as the season unfolds, and I see no reason to get rid of him now. I don't know anything about Bauer, but I know that Burnett and Buchholz are probably not long-term solutions. I would rather use that spot to stream pitchers than to keep either of them. You will get more production from streaming (I'm assuming it's a daily and not a weekly league here) than keeping any of those dudes permanently. Bauer could be a guy that, once you scoop up, you sell high if he comes out of the gates hot. If he struggles early, you haven't lost anything so you could still shop him or cut him for a better arm who's on the WW by that point in the season. Your pitching staff looks great, and I wouldn't cut anyone besides Parker to make any moves at this point. Everything looks pretty solid and you should just ride things out for another month or so to see what happens. Re-evaluate in about a month or so and see if you still feel the same way about your staff.

Good luck!
sclyon3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby LittleTree » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:26 pm

I agree with the previous guy that your pitching staff looks pretty salty. I don't think I would make any major moves right now if I were you. Even Parker looked great earllier this week when he dominated the Rangers. That being said, you do have a ton of pitchers and if you really want to make a move for this season you could look at moving Sale. I just traded him last week and brought in a huge haul but since this is a keeper league you would have to really think about it. However, like I said earlier, I think your pitching staff looks great so this is really up to you. Hope this helps.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=448591
LittleTree
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 26)

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:17 pm

Kennedy is turning it on and Latos I think will start to do better. Parker has been too solid do not dump him.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1961)

Postby nyr199435 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Based on the options available and who you have currently, I'd actually just stay patient here. Fantasy baseball is a marathon, not a sprint, and you can't give up on some of those guys. Wait it out, and when they turn it around you'll be glad you did.

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for the help on mine!
nyr199435
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions