SS: Reyes
3B: Encarnacion
IF: Allen Craig
OF: Bourn
D. Jennings
A. De Aza
J. Reddick
UTIL: D. Ortiz

SP: Kershaw, Felix H., Beachy, J. McDonald, Johan, Peavy, Capuano, Lynn, Hudson, Latos
RP: Kimbrel, Chapman, and Street
Halladay -DL

I can obviously afford to lose Peavy with my staff. Overall, though, will the hitting I'm gaining outweigh the hitting I'm giving in conjunction with Peavy? (Batting categories are R, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, OPS)

I'm just trying to weight if this makes my team better or just moves things around and then loses a valuable SP. A lot comes down to Reddick's production going forward....

Let me know your reaction and thoughts. Thanks!!
sclyon3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Stanton+ for Peavy+? WHIR!!

Postby ahcryky » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:54 am

You need to hit accept NOW! Phillips upgrades your 2B by a HUGE margin and your staff can take the hit by giving up Peavy. Stanton will make up for the loss of Ortiz.

Help with mine! viewtopic.php?f=26&t=448586
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BcM » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:42 am

Take it and don't look back!!
BcM
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NikkiSixx » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:49 am

It's not as much as a no brainer as people seem to think. The value of Reddick and Peavy is pretty high right now and Ortiz has been good all year. Yes I would rather have Phillips and Stanton, but its not something I would be racing to hit accept for.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 433)

Postby LittleTree » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:33 pm

I'm with the last guy where I say that this is not an easy decision. I believe Stanton could have an MVP-type season this year and I like Phillips as well, I just think you're giving up alot to get them, especially Peavy. I would say the trade value hinges on whether or not you believe Peavy will continue to play this well all season long, if not, then do the trade, if you think he will, then you need to think long and hard about it. I'm also currently contemplating a Stanton trade. The bottom line is, if I were you, I think I would do the trade, mainly because I think Stanton is going to be a monster this season. Hope this helps.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=448591
LittleTree
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 26)

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Well I would see if you could rework the deal. Phillips doesn't really provide a ton anymore. But Stanton would seriously upgrade your OF which you need and your staff can handle the loss.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1937)

Postby OBPlover » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:43 am

No way this is an easy accept.

David Ortiz is a solid citizen in the util role. Continues to be one of the least appreciated hitters in baseball. He went deep in both my AL and mixed league drafts. Very underrated. He could very well have a higher OPS and Avg over Stanton this year.

Jake Peavy is really being overworked so far this year. I expect him o get injured by the all star break or sooner or start dropping in effeciveness.

The good thing about the deal is that you upgrade in 2B and it's probably easier to find a spare Util guy as a free agent.

I would see if you could trade Peavy straight up for Phillips and see what he says. Maybe he's reluctant to give up Stanton.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 118)

Postby jcave24 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:25 pm

I agree, make the deal!
jcave24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Seanyfever » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:07 pm

Phillips and Stanton is your edge.

HELP POINT ME IN ONE DIRECTION ON THESE TRADE TALKS
viewtopic.php?t=448647
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 289)

Postby mcmbpd » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:50 pm

Yeah, take this trade right now. I don't agree with any of the posts on the value of Peavy/Reddick/and Ortiz at all. This isn't 2007 people ok...Peavy has had a good start to this year, no doubt about it, but he's way way waaaaaaay past his prime. His surgeries and Cellular Field are the 2 main reasons why he will NEVER again reach the fantasy dominace that he once enjoyed. It's not going to happen, the regression is coming folks, its just taking longer this year. So because he hasn't been horrible from the start we are supposed to believe this is a magical resurgence? Please. Ortiz is in the same boat, again its not 2007 people, lol. Ortiz has also had a good start to the season, and he's also slimmed down a bit which has definitely helped his game...but he's 36 years old and there will be no Delorean taking him back to 2007's numbers. A .280-.280, 25-30 HRs, and 80 or so RBI line is about the best case scenario that you can hope for, and while that's decent it's no where near where Stanton's .260-.290, 40 HRs, and 100+ RBIs will take you. Reddick intrigues me somewhat, but is widely viwed as a flash in the pan that will not be able to sustain this pace. His regression has already started. He's a decent OF option in deep mixed leagues, but I'm thinking more along the lines of a .269, sub 20 HR, 50-60 RBI, 100 K season at this point. And he plays 81 games in the spacious Oakland Coliseum on the bay where the cool summer nights are notoriously unkind to hitters seeking big HR totals. Unless your name is Barry Bonds, you use the cream and the clear, and they build a stadium thats tailor made for your swing. Lol So I'd take the deal, seven days a week and twice on Sunday!!!!
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." --Yogi Berra
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions