whats everyones opinion of austin jackson for the - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

whats everyones opinion of austin jackson for the

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

whats everyones opinion of austin jackson for the

Postby metsfan33 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:50 am

rest of season?
metsfan33
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: whats everyones opinion of austin jackson for the

Postby sclyon3 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:08 am

First off, I am biased since I am a huge Tigers fan. However, I have been a Jackson hater up until this year. I refused to pick him up off of waivers at the beginning of this year when I needed an OF replacement. I ended up picking up De Aza (worked out for me as they've both been solid), but I just want to prove the point that I picked up a guy I had never heard of before this year instead of a guy I knew would at least be decent. I didn't believe in Jackson because he struck out WAY too much for my liking. With both average and OPS as categories in my league, I thought I knew what I was getting with him and steered clear.

However, this year he has cut down on the Ks significantly, and I think he will only get better as the Tigers offense continues to click as the season progresses. Cabrera has been heating up as of late, and Fielder is still adjusting and improving. I think Jackson will be a very good OF option as long as he doesn't go back to his old free-swinging ways (which remains to be seen). A month is a small sample, so maybe I am just being overly optimistic. I would roll with him if you have him though unless someone makes you a good deal for him.

Go Tigers!! (and Austin Jackson) :-)

Help with either of mine?

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=448577

viewtopic.php?t=448579
sclyon3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby thatguy27 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:27 pm

4 BB's tonight. His plate discipline is definitely way improved. The guy is still only 25. This could be a breakout year for him. His 162 game pace is pretty sick considering he's missed ~20 games.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Quackman » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:17 am

[quote="sclyon3"]First off, I am biased since I am a huge Tigers fan. However, I have been a Jackson hater up until this year. I refused to pick him up off of waivers at the beginning of this year when I needed an OF replacement. I ended up picking up De Aza (worked out for me as they've both been solid), but I just want to prove the point that I picked up a guy I had never heard of before this year instead of a guy I knew would at least be decent. I didn't believe in Jackson because he struck out WAY too much for my liking. With both average and OPS as categories in my league, I thought I knew what I was getting with him and steered clear.

However, this year he has cut down on the Ks significantly, and I think he will only get better as the Tigers offense continues to click as the season progresses. Cabrera has been heating up as of late, and Fielder is still adjusting and improving. I think Jackson will be a very good OF option as long as he doesn't go back to his old free-swinging ways (which remains to be seen). A month is a small sample, so maybe I am just being overly optimistic. I would roll with him if you have him though unless someone makes you a good deal for him.

A real Tigers fan knows ajaxs potential. You would know how hard they have worked on increasing walks,,reducing k. You would also know they worked that big leg kick out of his mechanics,,,making his swing faster, more compact, with fewer moving parts. If the tigers would man up and let him steal he would be a 5 stat monster. Saying your a tigers fan but at the same time avoiding Ajax on the WW is bla.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions