should i be willing to trade an elite hitter for elite - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

should i be willing to trade an elite hitter for elite

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

should i be willing to trade an elite hitter for elite

Postby metsfan33 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:41 am

pitching? Give me some insight on what you guys think andif i should what hitter

c molina
1 votto
2 weeks
3encarnacion
ss ramirez
1b/3b fielder
2b/ss kendrick
outfield craig,justin upton,morse,willingham,cuddyer,granderson,
dl elsbury

sp wainwright,latos,hudson,oswalt,parker,pettitte,dickey,moore
rp bell,reed,clippard
metsfan33
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: should i be willing to trade an elite hitter for elite

Postby Quackman » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:58 am

The obvious would be fielder or votto since morse is back. But i doubt id trade either for any pitcher unless its somekind of package. Ive been trying to deal encarnacion in a couple leagues but it really doesnt look like it fits your team very well. You would get some great value from him though and could likely get a top tier guy.

If you wanna move from a top tier pitcher Id shop around craig and morse and see if someone bits. Craig seems like he is always on fire but i dont give him long before hes hurt again in some way. Morse maybe wait a week or two then shop around.

Good luck. Your pitching could use another ace for sure but its not that bad. Closers look fine and Dickey is like the pickup of the year. I hate hudson right now.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Re: should i be willing to trade an elite hitter for elite

Postby sclyon3 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:14 am

Quackman wrote:The obvious would be fielder or votto since morse is back. But i doubt id trade either for any pitcher unless its somekind of package. Ive been trying to deal encarnacion in a couple leagues but it really doesnt look like it fits your team very well. You would get some great value from him though and could likely get a top tier guy.

If you wanna move from a top tier pitcher Id shop around craig and morse and see if someone bits. Craig seems like he is always on fire but i dont give him long before hes hurt again in some way. Morse maybe wait a week or two then shop around.

Good luck. Your pitching could use another ace for sure but its not that bad. Closers look fine and Dickey is like the pickup of the year. I hate hudson right now.

Agree with virtually 100% of this post. Craig is a monster and I'm a huge fan, but can you trust him to stay healthy? That remains to be seen. Someone might value him highly based on what he has done this year. I would also get a feel for how people value Encarnacion. I like him to keep up his pace so I wouldn't necessarily "sell high" (i.e. settle) with him, but if you can net an elite SP then I say definitely do it. I agree too that Fielder or Votto are options, but I wouldn't deal them straight up for an ace. I would try to make a package deal of some sort to get a viable replacement in return along with a pitcher.

When considering any trade, I always write down my potential new roster and compare it to my original one. Which team do I like more? I always use that as opposed to looking at the trade "in a vacuum" (i.e. giving this - getting this) because it's easier to overvalue your players when you're looking at them and shy away from trades that could be beneficial.

Good luck!

Help with either of mine?

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=448577

viewtopic.php?t=448579
sclyon3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions