B. Phillips for D. Ortiz? WHIR!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

B. Phillips for D. Ortiz? WHIR!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

B. Phillips for D. Ortiz? WHIR!!

Postby sclyon3 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:24 am

Right now, my current 2B is Howard Kendrick. Needless to say, I am rather disenchanted by his performance thus far. I can trade Big Papi for Phillips right now. The other owner has Omar Infante as his UTIL and is willing to play him at 2B with Ortiz at UTIL.

Should I pull the trigger on selling Papi for a strong 2B option and replacing Kendrick, or do I continue to ride him out and see what happens and rely on Papi's power? With Papi out of my UTIL spot and Phillips in at 2B, that frees me up to use my UTIL spot in a more streaming manner, as Ortiz has it on lockdown currently with his DH only eligibility.

There are some decent players like Beckham and Ackley (2B) on waivers. (Rickie Weeks is on waivers, but I debate whether he qualifies as "decent" in any way, shape, or form.) Some potential UTIL replacements include Goldschmidt, Francoeur, Brantley, M. Saunders, Duda, Maybin, Middlebrooks, Headley, Rasmus, etc.

Does this trade make my team better, or am I overvaluing Phillips potential contribution to my squad? Here is my line-up:

C: Saltalamacchia
1B: Miggy
2B: Kendrick
SS: Reyes
3B: Encarnacion
IF: Allen Craig
OF: Bourn
D. Jennings
A. De Aza
J. Reddick
UTIL: D. Ortiz

SP: Kershaw, Felix H., Beachy, J. McDonald, Johan, Peavy, Capuano, Lynn, Hudson, Latos
RP: Kimbrel, Chapman, and Street
Halladay -DL

Thanks!!
sclyon3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions