Buy Low Pitching Candidates/Trade Ideas? WHIR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Buy Low Pitching Candidates/Trade Ideas? WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Buy Low Pitching Candidates/Trade Ideas? WHIR!

Postby sclyon3 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:15 am

My pitching is pretty stacked and I am looking to package a couple SP to get a more solid SP in return (i.e. offer another team depth for a more prominent talent). I have a few guys that I am shopping and am wondering if there are any "buy low" candidates I might be able to target for the guys I am trying to "sell."

Here is my pitching corps: Kershaw, Felix H., Beachy, J. McDonald, Johan, Peavy, Capuano, Lynn, Hudson, Latos, Kimbrel, Chapman, and Street. (I also have Halladay on the DL).

I am currently trying to shop Johan, Peavy, Lynn, and Capuano. I would also trade Hudson, Latos, or Street if the other owner valued them as highly as I do, which is doubtful. All three were on waivers for extended periods of time, indicating that no one really values them very much. I am considering dealing either Felix (unimpressive) or Beachy for a big-time hitter (someone like Hanley Ramirez), especially if I am able to pull the trigger on some sort of upgrade.

Would any of these deals be in the right ballpark, or am I am being unrealistic? Some of my ideas were to package Johan and Lynn for someone like, say, Zack Greinke or Jered Weaver? I feel like if I had either of those two guys I would not, but it is hard to tell relative value when you're talking depth over one talent. I just wanted your guys' feedback.

Another deal I am looking at is Peavy and Reddick for Giancarlo Stanton. The other owner I think values Reddick and he loves Peavy, and plus he already has Braun, CarGo, Stanton, and Heyward, and Soriano on his squad. He needs another arm.

Again, these are just my ideas, and I would appreciate any and all ideas and feedback on anything that I mentioned. Just to give you an idea, here are my hitters also:

C: Saltalamacchia
1B: Miggy
2B: Kendrick
SS: Reyes
3B: Encarnacion
IF: Allen Craig
OF: Bourn
D. Jennings
A. De Aza
J. Reddick
UTIL: D. Ortiz

Thanks!!
sclyon3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Buy Low Pitching Candidates/Trade Ideas? WHIR!

Postby sclyon3 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:30 pm

Any ideas? Any thoughts/feedback would be very helpful, even if it's just one little tidbit you recommend. Thanks!!
sclyon3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby brila777 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:40 pm

I like both ideas, really try to do the OF trade first then after you could even do the 2-1 pitching deal. I have approached the same thing so I am a fan of that. Mine was lynn and haren for verlander.

Your pitching is pretty sick so def deal away. I would see if you can toss in latos too on one of those trades he has more perceived value than a lynn and lynn i think will be fairly similar even by year end if not better.

Another though add another closer or is this not too helpful in your league.

buy low

Lester sp
J Upton OF
A Gon 1b
Ellsbury and Longo both coming soon.

Help me out? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=448666
10 team h2h
C Jesus Montero
1b Butler
2b Phillips
3b Beltre
SS Rollins
OF Braun, Rios, Craig, De Aza
Util Ortiz
SP Felix, Bumgarner, Zimmerman, Haren, Hammel, T. Hudson, Lynn, Gee
RP Jansen, Reed, Cook, Santos DL
brila777
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby smitty10j » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:53 pm

I like the Peavy Reddick for Stanton Trade, and if you could convince someone to trade you Zach or Weaver for Johan and Lynn I would do that for sure. Peavy and Johan are both potential injury risks, and I don't really see either team having a great second half of the season, so I would do it while your players are hot. You have some good commodities in pitching and most likely can make some improvements by dealing. Good Luck

Can you take a look at mine?

viewtopic.php?t=448667
smitty10j
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jcave24 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:53 am

I agree 100% with everything said in the post above me. Fo real.

Deal, deal, deal.
jcave24
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions