Tradin Haren+ for Stanton or Mcc - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Tradin Haren+ for Stanton or Mcc

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tradin Haren+ for Stanton or Mcc

Postby BigLen22 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:52 pm

12 Team League-KEEPER- 10x9(hitting/pitching stats) - I am in 1st place

After looking at my team i would think you would agree the only thing i really lack is power. I am in last place in the league in that. I believe i had an outstanding SP rotation.

The other owner has told me he believes haren is more valuable then Sale and Stanton will cost me more than Mccutchen. So first off do you believe i should work i deal around haren and getting back sale since sale is doing better and is a great keeper option. Also me personally i like Mcc bc he has nearly the same hr as stanton and offers lots more speed, Also he will cost me less

the basis of the deal is

I Get
Mccutchen
Sale

I give
Haren
escobar

My big fear with sale is im in first place right now, and when playoff time comes around he may not be avaiable. although do you think SP is strong enough where i could do well if that happened and have a good SP going into next year.

Sale would be a 14th round pick next year

Our keeper works like if you draft a guy 10th round this year next year hes your 8th

C-Carlos Ruiz
1b-Justin Smoak
2b-Jose Altuve
3b-David Wright
SS-Mike Aviles
OF-Jay Bruce
OF-Michael Cuddyer
OF-Alejandro De Aza
Util-Michael Brantly
Util-Alcides Escobar
B-JP Arenciba/Carlos Quintin/Pablo Sandoval(DL)
DL-Nick Markakis
SP-Dickey/Zach Grienke/Johan Santana/Brendan Morrow/Dan Haren/Ryan Dempster/Ricky Nolasco/Ted Lilly(DL)
RP-Craig Kimbrel/Brett Myer/Fernando Rodney
DL-Drew Storen
**Only 2 DL spots allowed
C Ruiz
1b Smoak
2b Altuve
3b Wright
SS Aviles
OFBruce,Cuddyer,Jennings
UT Ibanez,A.Escobar
B Arenciba/Markakis(DL)/Sandoval(DL)
DL-J.Jay
SP Grienke/J.Santana/Morrow/Haren/Dempster/Nolasco/Lilly(DL)
RP Kimbrel/Myers/F.Rodney
DL-Storen
*2 DL spots
BigLen22
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tradin Haren+ for Stanton or Mcc

Postby iaoto » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Take the trade for sure. Either is an upgrade.
What does he want for Stanton?

When playoff time comes, you can drop your bench bats and stream wire SPs based on favorable matchups.
iaoto
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ron paul for pres » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:52 pm

Definitely do this. You'll be okay in the SP dept and you get a great upgrade in the OF. Thanks for help with mine.
ron paul for pres
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)

Postby ahcryky » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:31 am

If you can get that trade accepted you do it. McCutchen is the best player in the deal, and Sale is a really nice replacement for Haren.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=448586
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby smoovethug » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:38 pm

Easy accept

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby MadDog36 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:31 am

Yeah Haren for Mcc do it!
I'd then look to get a big boppin 1b.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1886)

Postby dannahann » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:42 pm

Easy accept. Why would the other guy do it, and give that much to a team in 1st. He is literally GIVING AWAY a young stud keeper in Cutch?? IMO he's also wrong about Sale vs Haren. You may lose a few starts at the end of the season with Sale but you might not, The division is closer than it was supposed to be and the Sox could be tempted to roll Sale every 5th day down the stretch? Also, Sale is more dominant and Haren usually hurts you in the second half anyway. It being a keeper, Sale is the SP to own out of that pair, not to mention the outright theft of Cutch. Take it if you can get it!!
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 40)

Postby mcmbpd » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:11 pm

I agree with the other posts in that I'd definitely take the deal. I LOVE Mccutchen, especially in a keeper league with his age and high ceiling. Sale would also fal linto that category, but I have a few reservations about him and that's probably why the other guy is making this offer. As you know Sale was already under an innings limit coming into this first year of moving into the starting rotation. And the guy has been lights out, exceeding even my highest exspectations coming into this season. However, lets not loose sight of the fact that the guy had some arm "issues" just a month ago. I know its really easy to loose sight of that given his recent performances, but you definitely need to be aware of that. I drafted Sale in the last round of my draft and unfortunately dumped him way before he got on this hot streak...I had no choice at the time based on injury problems. With all that said I'd still make the deal...just be very careful in placing too much stock in Sale. Any guys who is on an innings limit,then complains or arm issues in friggin May, then they "change" his throwing program and he's "ok," and then add on the higher innings pitched lately and slightly high pitch counts and in my opinion your looking at a guy who is gonna burn out or get hurt by August or September. I might be in the minority with that opinion, but don't be surprised if I'm right. We'll have to wait and see...please help with my questions too, thanks.
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." --Yogi Berra
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Seanyfever » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:08 pm

I'd inquire about getting Stanton, but this is still a "take" deal.

HELP POINT ME IN ONE DIRECTION ON THESE TRADE TALKS
viewtopic.php?t=448647
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 289)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions