A-rod offered to me for B. Lawrie (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

A-rod offered to me for B. Lawrie (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A-rod offered to me for B. Lawrie (WHIR)

Postby thesticks23 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:15 am

we are in a keeper Auction League, And A-rod would be too expensive to keep. I drafter Lawrie last year and kept him for $5 this year while next year he would be $8.

Now currently as it stands Lawrie has been moved to bat in the #1 spot for Toronto (will that last)

Lawrie and A-rod have similar #'s right now, with the exception that lawrie has more steals and a-rod has more Walks (Which is a stat in our league)

I am wondering for the long haul, is this a good trade to make?
I lose out on steals, i probably lose out on runs scored if he stays in the leadoff spot
If i take a-rod i gain HR's most likely and Rbi's and Walks

My current lineup is

C - Jesus Montero
1b - Joey Votto
2b - Jason Kipnis
ss - Ian Desmond
3b - Brett Lawrie
Of - Shin Shoo Choo
Of - Hunter Pence
Of - Alejandro De Aza
Util - Adrian Gonzalez
Bench
Jacoby Ellsbury
Ben Zobrist - because he is slumping
Dee Gordon - Slumping

Our Offensive scoring catergories are Runs, HR's, RBI's, SB's, BB's and Ave

My Team has been far from a power team this year, and we are in a H2H league and im wondering if its smart for me to give up runs and sb's?
I am also thinking that when Ellsbury gets back i take Shin shoo out of my lineup and I make up the steals... I dunno, how do you guys weigh this option presented to me?
thesticks23
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: A-rod offered to me for B. Lawrie (WHIR)

Postby MaudDib » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:32 pm

If you think ARod can push you into a title this year, then I am ok with it but if ARod isn't enough to get you into the race then stick with Lawrie. Lawrie still has a ton of talent and at this price he is a great keeper. No need to give this up if dealing him isn't going to improve your team enough.

Not sure I would count on Ellsbury and SB. Coming back from this kind of injury, I wouldn't be surprised if the Red Sox are more cautious with him.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Re: A-rod offered to me for B. Lawrie (WHIR)

Postby clarkdp2 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:08 pm

I would stick with Lawrie. If this werent a keeper league I would say Yes/Maybe but with the ability to keep Lawrie at such a cheap price coupled with the fact that ARod isn't going to make a huge difference I think you are much better off staying with Lawrie.

help me out?
clarkdp2
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions