6/8 Cheering, Venting, & Mets v. Yanks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

6/8 Cheering, Venting, & Mets v. Yanks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Winning Pitcher Tonight?

Hiroki Kuroda
3
19%
Johan Santana
8
50%
Neither
5
31%
 
Total votes : 16

6/8 Cheering, Venting, & Mets v. Yanks

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Bedard's last chance today against KC otherwise he's the next WW casualty of my team.

Also have Beachymania going.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 58)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 6/8 Cheering, Venting, & Mets v. Yanks

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:37 pm

benb18a wrote:Clay Buttholez, that's my nickname for him, too :-D

Be careful with that.
I got 2 warnings cause I gave a nickname to Chone Figgins like that. Replaced the n in chone with a mod edit, and I guess its obvious what became of Figgins.
I got a warning for that, and this response:
raiders_umpire wrote:act like a grown up, or your stay here will be very short.
As far as your spill being funny, I think it pretty stupid and something more along the lines a 12 year old would do.
Image
the awesome sig by soty


"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1849
Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 6/8 Cheering, Venting, & Mets v. Yanks

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:42 pm

Syfo-Dyas wrote:
benb18a wrote:Clay Buttholez, that's my nickname for him, too :-D

Be careful with that.
I got 2 warnings cause I gave a nickname to Chone Figgins like that. Replaced the n in chone with a k, and I guess its obvious what became of Figgins.
I got a warning for that, and this response:
raiders_umpire wrote:act like a grown up, or your stay here will be very short.
As far as your spill being funny, I think it pretty stupid and something more along the lines a 12 year old would do.
Comparing a silly name like Buttholes to a name that, if I'm reading this correctly, has a racist undertone, isn't really close to being the same thing. Otherwise, I guess I'm missing what name you chose.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24802
(Past Year: 388)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: 6/8 Cheering, Venting, & Mets v. Yanks

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:23 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Syfo-Dyas wrote:
benb18a wrote:Clay Buttholez, that's my nickname for him, too :-D

Be careful with that.
I got 2 warnings cause I gave a nickname to Chone Figgins like that. Replaced the n in chone with a k, and I guess its obvious what became of Figgins.
I got a warning for that, and this response:
raiders_umpire wrote:act like a grown up, or your stay here will be very short.
As far as your spill being funny, I think it pretty stupid and something more along the lines a 12 year old would do.
Comparing a silly name like Buttholes to a name that, if I'm reading this correctly, has a racist undertone, isn't really close to being the same thing. Otherwise, I guess I'm missing what name you chose.

Chone - mod edit
Figgins - mod edit
Image
the awesome sig by soty


"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1849
Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 6/8 Cheering, Venting, & Mets v. Yanks

Postby Skin Blues » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:31 pm

Yeah, kinda sounds like something a 12 year old would say.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3077
(Past Year: 191)
Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 6/8 Cheering, Venting, & Mets v. Yanks

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:38 pm

Syfo-Dyas wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Syfo-Dyas wrote:Be careful with that.
I got 2 warnings cause I gave a nickname to Chone Figgins like that. Replaced the n in chone with a k, and I guess its obvious what became of Figgins.
I got a warning for that, and this response:
Comparing a silly name like Buttholes to a name that, if I'm reading this correctly, has a racist undertone, isn't really close to being the same thing. Otherwise, I guess I'm missing what name you chose.

Chone -
Figgins -
Alright. I misinterpreted. Still, profanity isn't typically tolerated and I can't say I blame 'em. It's a ways off from Clay Buttholes, which is also on the maturity level of a 12 year old, but still makes me laugh.

In baseball (lineup) news...
- Lawrie batting leadoff with Rasmus 2nd again
- Beltran batting 2nd, Craig 4th
- Will Rhymes leading off for TB... Jennings 2nd
- Corey Hart leading off
- Alex Presley leading off, Walker 2nd
- Hosmer batting 6th, behind Francoeur to split up the lefties (Moustakas 4th)
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24802
(Past Year: 388)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: 6/8 Cheering, Venting, & Mets v. Yanks

Postby Element » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:22 pm

Has Walker been hitting 2nd for the Buccos? All I know is that he is red hot right now (0.370 over the past 7 days). I hope that if it is a move in the lineup that it doesn't screw him up. I would prefer that he be in a more predominant run producing spot though. I drafted him hoping for 75+ RBI.
Image
Element
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4907
(Past Year: 793)
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 6/8 Cheering, Venting, & Mets v. Yanks

Postby Element » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Pujols at 3B tonight ... Kendrys at 1B
Image
Element
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4907
(Past Year: 793)
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

6/8 Cheering, Venting, & Mets v. Yanks

Postby saemick » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:42 pm

Justin Upton back in the lineup tonight; batting 3rd.

Guesses on his line:

1-4, 2 K's, 0RBI, 0R
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1924
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 16 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 6/8 Cheering, Venting, & Mets v. Yanks

Postby Element » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:44 pm

saemick wrote:Justin Upton back in the lineup tonight; batting 3rd.

Guesses on his line:

1-4, 2 K's, 0RBI, 0R


3-5, 2 HR, 5 RBI.
Image
Element
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4907
(Past Year: 793)
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mkultra and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
San Francisco at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Tampa Bay at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Washington at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Detroit at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Baltimore at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
NY Mets at Seattle
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact