6/8 Cheering, Venting, & Mets v. Yanks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

6/8 Cheering, Venting, & Mets v. Yanks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Winning Pitcher Tonight?

Hiroki Kuroda
19%
Johan Santana
50%
Neither
31%

Total votes : 16

6/8 Cheering, Venting, & Mets v. Yanks

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:51 am

News, Notes, & Nonsense:

- Robert. Allen. Dickey. NL All-Star starter? Cy Young candidate? Cult hero? All of the above.

- The Duda Abides. Lucas Duda stayed hot, mashing a homer and avoiding a sweep at the hands of the Natinals.

- Allen Craig continued to be Masher Extraordinaire since coming off the DL. Dude just needs to stay healthy.

- Carlos Beltran broke out of his mini-slump with a deep ball to go along with teammate David Freese's 2 long balls.

- Clay Buttholes threw a CGSO that I couldn't even believe when I saw it. He's hot garbage, but last night, for one night only, he was dealing.

Today's Matchups:

- We all know the world stops spinning for the Mets v. Yankees annual pair of series, so I was tempted to not even post any of the other games going on today. ESPN certainly won't be talking about them.

NYM: Santana (3-2, 2.38 ERA)
NYY: Kuroda (4-6, 3.82 ERA)

SD: Volquez (2-5, 3.42 ERA)
MIL: Marcum (4-3, 3.39 ERA)

KC: Hochevar (3-6, 6.63 ERA)
PIT: Bedard (3-6, 3.72 ERA)

PHI: Blanton (4-6, 5.27 ERA)
BAL: Arrieta (2-7, 5.53 ERA)

DET: Porcello (3-4, 4.86 ERA)
CIN: Latos (4-2, 4.91 ERA)

WSH: Strasburg (6-1, 2.35 ERA)
BOS: Doubront (6-2, 3.75 ERA)

TB: Hellickson (4-2, 2.69 ERA)
MIA: Nolasco (6-3, 4.35 ERA)

HOU: Rodriguez (4-4, 3.14 ERA)
CHW: Floyd (4-5, 5.32 ERA)

TOR: Drabek (4-6, 4.35 ERA)
ATL: Beachy (5-4, 1.87 ERA)

CHC: Wood (0-2, 4.56 ERA)
MIN: Walters (2-1, 3.69 ERA)

CLE: Tomlin (2-3, 5.32 ERA)
STL: Westbrook (4-5, 4.23 ERA)

LAD: Eovaldi (0-2, 2.84 ERA)
SEA: Millwood (3-5, 3.90 ERA)

LAA: Wilson (6-4, 2.54 ERA)
COL: White (2-3, 5.60 ERA)

OAK: Milone (6-5, 3.53 ERA)
ARI: Hudson (2-1, 4.65 ERA)

TEX: Harrison (7-3, 4.37 ERA)
SF: Zito (5-2, 2.98 ERA)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 6/8 Cheering, Venting, & Mets v. Yanks

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:57 am

Maybe against my better judgment, but I'm trotting Santana @NYY tonight, and not against my better judgment I'm sitting Latos vsDET.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby silentjim » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:12 am

bigh0rt wrote:Maybe against my better judgment, but I'm trotting Santana @NYY tonight, and not against my better judgment I'm sitting Latos vsDET.

Was going to ask how many people were trotting out Santana. I'm in a league that counts QS instead of wins which makes it a bit scarier I think...
silentjim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Basketball Mod
(Past Year: 76)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:42 am

this is the funny write up from razzball about Dicky/Wang from last night.
R.A. Dickey went seven and a third innings with no runs and eight Ks as he dueled Wang. Dickey vs. Wang was the greatest sword fight since Steven Seagal and Jean-Claude Van Damme both arrived at the same tanning salon in the late 80′s. In this game, surprisingly there weren’t that many dribblers through the vas deferns. Streamers would have to wait until later in the day with Leake. The game started with the Nats putting a giant zipper in the outfield for each pitcher’s entrance. Then the knuckleballs came early and often and showed a polished Dickey. Wang didn’t go very deep, but fans who came got an afternoon delight. Dickey now leads the league in wins with 9 to go along with 78 Ks, 1.08 WHIP and a 2.44 ERA. When Dickey’s on the mound, urine in trouble.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:51 am

silentjim wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Maybe against my better judgment, but I'm trotting Santana @NYY tonight, and not against my better judgment I'm sitting Latos vsDET.

Was going to ask how many people were trotting out Santana. I'm in a league that counts QS instead of wins which makes it a bit scarier I think...

Im sitting Santana, but to be honest, I cant win anything with his start, only lose.
He hasnt had a quality start in the Bronx since 2007. In those 3 starts he is sporting
9,18 ERA
1,74 WHIP
11 K
in 16,2 IP
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:41 am

Syfo-Dyas wrote:
silentjim wrote:

Im sitting Santana, but to be honest, I cant win anything with his start, only lose.
He hasnt had a quality start in the Bronx since 2007. In those 3 starts he is sporting
9,18 ERA
1,74 WHIP
11 K
in 16,2 IP
This is my worry, really. I have 4 starts left for the week, and if I sit Santana tonight, I'm forced to start Moore @MIA tomorrow. With about equal unease about each of them, I'll go with the guy who has pitched like a stud this season and is coming off of a no hitter. Hoping he can keep the party rolling and come away with a QS and a W. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Skin Blues » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:48 pm

I'd be much more comfortable going with Moore @ Miami than Johan @ Yankees. I don't think pitchers generally have a very good follow-up start after throwing a no-hitter, especially when they throw so many more pithes than they usually do. Plus, it's the Yankees, in Yankee Stadium. Recipe for disaster.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 120)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:52 pm

Skin Blues wrote:I'd be much more comfortable going with Moore @ Miami than Johan @ Yankees. I don't think pitchers generally have a very good follow-up start after throwing a no-hitter, especially when they throw so many more pithes than they usually do. Plus, it's the Yankees, in Yankee Stadium. Recipe for disaster.
With the way he's pitched on the road this year, it's a definite concern. I just know I'll be kicking myself if he continues to pitch like the Ace he is on my bench, and Moore pitches like, well, Moore has for most of this season... Ehh, alright you've convinced me. Moore it is. If Johan beasts on my bench I'll still be happy. Just need Moore to look more like he has the last few starts, and less like the a-hole he looked like prior to that.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:41 pm

Skin Blues wrote:I'd be much more comfortable going with Moore @ Miami than Johan @ Yankees. I don't think pitchers generally have a very good follow-up start after throwing a no-hitter, especially when they throw so many more pithes than they usually do. Plus, it's the Yankees, in Yankee Stadium. Recipe for disaster.

After that start Johan got 2 extra days rest, so I wouldnt worry about that.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby benb18a » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Clay Buttholez, that's my nickname for him, too :-D

Trotting out Strasburg and Marcum tonight, hoping to get a win or two to distance myself from the opponent who still has Cahill, Volquez, Romero and A Sanchez to go this weekend.
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers