Bradley to the Phils for Pat Burrell - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bradley to the Phils for Pat Burrell

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bradley to the Phils for Pat Burrell

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:29 am

This is a rumor floating around the Cleveland Plain Dealer forum. Is this true? As a Tribe fan I hope not, .321 or .209??????

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby flekk17 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:52 am

Bradley would blossom under a laid back/hands off manager like Larry Bowa. Perfect fit for the Phillies.
flekk17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tlef316 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:58 am

nobody can blossom under a jerk like bowa. the players didnt vote him worst manager last year for nothing. bowa is overbearing and psychotic. bradley would be miserable there.

in terms of skill, id say its a fairly even trade. burrell will improve and come close to his 2002 numbers this year. bradley's still a wild card, due to his attitude problems and the fact that he is injury prone.

i doubt this happens unless the phils eat alot of burrel's contract. the indians are still rebuilding and would be hesitant to take on all that salalry
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Brendo » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:34 am

flekk17 wrote:Bradley would blossom under a laid back/hands off manager like Larry Bowa. Perfect fit for the Phillies.

great crack from the newbie

although I'm not sure Bradley is the bad seed he's being made out to be.

Put him on a roster with some veteran leadership, I think he'll be fine. But no way Cleveland does that deal with the huge contract Pat the Crack is signed to
Brendo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Hyde » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:04 am

Bradley is a punk. As long as he doesn't get traded to the Tigers I'll be happy.
When you are born you are given a ticket to the freak show, I say enjoy the show. - George Carlin
Hyde
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DGroundhog » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:52 am

I think it's ridiculous it has gotten to this point.

It is spring traning. So he didn't run out a pop-up and advance to 2B in a sping training game. I know he got yelled at last year during the season for the same thing, but there has to be more to it than just this. He got benched the next inning and the manager made a big deal about it. I'm not ready to give Bradley all the blame on this one.

I think it's more about a personality conflict, and you can't really place full blame on any individual in that circumstance. Bradley isn't the first person to not run out a fly ball in a real game, or a spring training game. He workled out all off season in the Cleveland area and had made some real strides before this.

He might not be the easiest guy to coach or get along with, but I think he can be a solid part of some team. He's had some troubles, but it isn't anything terrible.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DEF » Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:58 am

DGroundhog wrote:I think it's ridiculous it has gotten to this point.

It is spring traning. So he didn't run out a pop-up and advance to 2B in a sping training game. I know he got yelled at last year during the season for the same thing, but there has to be more to it than just this. He got benched the next inning and the manager made a big deal about it. I'm not ready to give Bradley all the blame on this one.

I think it's more about a personality conflict, and you can't really place full blame on any individual in that circumstance. Bradley isn't the first person to not run out a fly ball in a real game, or a spring training game. He workled out all off season in the Cleveland area and had made some real strides before this.

He might not be the easiest guy to coach or get along with, but I think he can be a solid part of some team. He's had some troubles, but it isn't anything terrible.

I think the problem has a lot more to do with how he "disrespected" his manager after the incident than just with not running out the pop-up. Plus, Bradley's got a huge laundry list of past problems with managers, teammates, umpires, etc. You can't isolate this incident from his previous misdeeds. His track record would magnify any incident. I mean, this is a guy that quit on his team in Puerto Rico a few years back, spit at and poked umpires in the minors and was arrested this summer, but I guess none of that is "anything terrible". When you have "personality conflicts" with that many different people, I think it's only natural to see the one common denominator in all these incidents has been one Mr. Milton Bradley. Hell, even Eddie Murray of all people was quoted as saying "I don't like the way he treats people" in reference to Bradley. There's some serious anger management issues at work here (and probably other issues as well).

And by the way, in case you think I'm just a Bradley basher, I own him in both of my leagues, so I hope he does land in a good situation and (finally) get his head on straight.
"I'm telling ya, he jumped us. Gloves off, stick down, no warning. He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names. But Dave was there."

"Dave's a killer."

"Yeah, Dave's a killer."

"Dave's a mess."
DEF
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Jury » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:23 am

Hyde wrote:Bradley is a punk. As long as he doesn't get traded to the Tigers I'll be happy.

I think they should trade that jerkface to the Tigers as punishment. Losing shall sap his energieeesssss!!!!! MUAHAHAHA!! :-D
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Clevelander » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:29 am

ill take pat the bat regardless of the fluke 206...he wont do that again...

we need that one big bat onthe squad...some up and comers but not a lock at 30-40 hrs....and our guys will get on base for him...

look out forr escobar this year...
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Postby unclepaulie » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:39 am

He's going to the Mets.
Image <-----Meet the "NEW" Mets

"I pity the mind that can only spell a word one way"
-Thomas Jefferson
unclepaulie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: @ your house with my dirty shoes on ya white couch!

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers