News, Notes, & Nonsense: Today it's all about me, my teams, and my life...
- So I got Morrow'd last night, and not in the way I'm used to getting Morrow'd. I'm facing the team I traded him to a few weeks back, and of course he throws a CGSO against me because he's pissed that after years of dealing with his bull$&%^ I sold him at what I thought/hoped was the peak of his value. Had I kept him I can almost guarantee it would have been an 8 ER affair that would have ultimately led to me drinking five fingers of Glenlivet; in the end, the outcome is the same. I got Morrow'd.
- I hoped to stifle getting Morrow'd by spot starting Clayton Richard, the Petco 'stud'. Instead, he just took the lube off of getting Morrow'd, and I was forced to take it dry. The pain was immense, as is the subsequent shame I'm feeling today.
- The only saving grace was that Zack Greinke had a home start. He's now won his first 15 decisions at Miller Park, which is an unbelievable feat. His next start unfortunately is on the Road, but it's in Kansas City, so maybe he can pretend he's Home?
- Allen Craig is half man, half hitting machine. Maybe he has Albert Pujols' old locker, and has found some of his old juice? It would explain the raking, as well as the frequent DL trips. I hope his hamstring stretching routine is extensive and proper, cause this dude smacks the crap out of the ball.
- Desmond Jennings legging out a triple in his 2nd game off the DL is encouraging. Dude needs to get back to stealing bags and scoring Runs STAT.
- I sold Chris Sale in my H2H Points League, because his availability for the H2H Playoffs is a concern of mine. I imagine now he will eclipse 200 innings and win the AL Cy Young Award. This is just how it works. FWIW, the trade was Sale & Votto for Hosmer, Stanton, & Garza.
- Clayton Richard + Homer Bailey = Worst Spot Starting Week Ever? No, but it certainly feels like it right now...
I finally cut ties with Holland yesterday in the one league in which I owned him.
I got Peavy and Lynn tonight. After another solid E-Jax performance yesterday I hope these two can keep things going. I'm ranked 9th in my 12 team cash league, but after a miserable offensive start, I've started to catch the pack in BA and OBP (used instead of runs). If any combination of Zimmerman, J-Up, Napoli, Holliday get hot with Kemp & Panda due back soon I should be golden. Fortunately, JD Martinez & Kendrys Morales have been playing better for me and Justin Smoak has been on fire. I was able to scoop up Cespedes too.