WHIR: My Jansen/Chapman for his J.Upton/McCutchen? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

WHIR: My Jansen/Chapman for his J.Upton/McCutchen?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

WHIR: My Jansen/Chapman for his J.Upton/McCutchen?

Postby coolarmadillo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:55 pm

First place in an 11 team roto keeper league, 40-man rosters, start 25 players. keepers have to come from specific groups of rounds (can't anyone from first 3 rounds). Dealing with a bottom-dweller ready to build for the future.

I have 7 closers (long story) and need another bat. Initially tried to get McCutchen from the other guy, but he was wanting Chapman (who I can keep for another 3 years for only the cost of a 31st round pick each year) and Matt Moore (who I can keep for 2 more years for the cost of an 8th round pick) for him.

I think I talked him down from that some and he said he'd take Chapman for Justin Upton (who neither of us can keep). I think I'll pull the trigger on this if he won't budge, but that's a lot of possibly great innings very cheaply for the next 3.5 years. I'd rather give him Jansen (who I can keep for another 3 years for the cost of a 20th round draft pick). Ultimately, I guess I have questions:

1. Should I take Upton for Chapman and be happy or am I giving up too much?
2. Would you rather have McCutchen or Upton the rest of the year? He seems to value McCutchen more, but if I could get him for just Chapman, would he be enough better than Upton to warrant giving Chapman instead of Jansen?

Bottom line, what's my ideal trade here (Jansen for Upton, Chapman for McCutchen, or just be happy with Chapman for Upton) and am I giving up too much in any of them?

Leave a link and I will definitely help in return. Thanks!
coolarmadillo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: WHIR: My Jansen/Chapman for his J.Upton/McCutchen?

Postby jcave24 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:08 pm

Ideal is Jansen for Upton, then Jansen for McCutchen, then Chapman for Upton, then Chapman for McCutchen.

I'd be fine doing any of these trades if I were you. But I prefer JUpton the rest of the season.
jcave24
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions