Braun
64%

Total votes : 28

Re: CarGo or Braun

Postby benb18a » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:23 am

thatguy27 wrote:
benb18a wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:
I'm not sure how relevant those stats are at this point in time. In fact, I don't think they're relevant at all. Not to mention CarGo is playing in Colorado now so the first 85 games of his career, which he played in Oakland, are meaningless for the sake of the argument you're trying to make.

It's quite simple. People are reaching, and claiming CarGo has the higher upside. Braun's rookie year > CarGo's best season to date. I'm just making a counter argument, is all.

BTW, playing in COL is pretty relevant. What would CarGo do if traded to, say, San Diego? We all know what Braun can do at Petco...

Do you expect CarGo to be traded some time this season/

No, but the OP doesn't mention a time frame, just that we have to make a choice "going forward." His career is still less than halfway done, most likely, meaning even a year or two from now he'd be spending half of his career in another city. Ryan Braun is locked up through 2020 I believe, and has restaurants throughout the Milwaukee area, let alone took a little less money to sign an extension with Milwaukee instead of being greedy and waiting to get more via free agency.
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby benb18a » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:23 am

thatguy27 wrote:
benb18a wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:
I think you're missing the point...

He's saying Braun may require PED's.

Hence, Occam's Razor would favor CarGo, as he is the one who does not require PED's.

Interesting logic. CarGo does not require PEDs, because he's never been found to have a banned substance in his urine? How's that theory holding up for McGwire?

I think you missed my point. Ryan Braun would have to be the stupidest human being alive to be taking PEDs this season. In employing Occam's Razor, it should be obvious that Ryan Braun is not taking 'roids or HGH, and never has. He doesn't exhibit any of the signs of usage, nor has his career-best HR pace this season suggested he has done what 99.9% of those who took PEDs and were tested last Fall would do this season - and that is appreciate the second chance and stop taking them as it is obvious MLB will be on him like white on rice.

You're right, I did miss your point on this one. I got ya now.

;-D
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby thatguy27 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:28 am

benb18a wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:
benb18a wrote:
It's quite simple. People are reaching, and claiming CarGo has the higher upside. Braun's rookie year > CarGo's best season to date. I'm just making a counter argument, is all.

BTW, playing in COL is pretty relevant. What would CarGo do if traded to, say, San Diego? We all know what Braun can do at Petco...

Do you expect CarGo to be traded some time this season/

No, but the OP doesn't mention a time frame, just that we have to make a choice "going forward." His career is still less than halfway done, most likely, meaning even a year or two from now he'd be spending half of his career in another city. Ryan Braun is locked up through 2020 I believe, and has restaurants throughout the Milwaukee area, let alone took a little less money to sign an extension with Milwaukee instead of being greedy and waiting to get more via free agency.

I'm the OP and I was referring to the rest of this season when I said "going forward". I guess I should have been more clear, so that's my bad. In any case. CarGo is locked down long term too. But you are correct. If he were to be traded, he would go from a top 10 player to a borderline top 30 player. You'll get no argument from me there.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 44)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers