CarGo or Braun - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CarGo or Braun

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CarGo or Braun

Poll ended at Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:35 pm

CarGo
10
36%
Braun
18
64%
 
Total votes : 28

Re: CarGo or Braun

Postby jfg » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:17 pm

CarGo- he would have ran away with the MVP last year if he he hadn't slumped in April.
Image
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6078
(Past Year: 83)
Joined: 4 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CarGo or Braun

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:22 pm

jfg wrote:CarGo- he would have ran away with the MVP last year if he he hadn't slumped in April.
It's difficult to win the MVP while playing only 127 Games. Missed a week in early July and then the entire latter third or July into the first week of August.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 348)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: CarGo or Braun

Postby benb18a » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:09 am

Braun's rookie year: 113 games, 34 home runs, .324, 97 RBI, 1.004 OPS

CarGo's 162 game average for his career: 30 home runs, 100 RBI, .885 OPS
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 771
Joined: 12 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: CarGo or Braun

Postby thatguy27 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:32 am

benb18a wrote:Braun's rookie year: 113 games, 34 home runs, .324, 97 RBI, 1.004 OPS

CarGo's 162 game average for his career: 30 home runs, 100 RBI, .885 OPS


I'm not sure how relevant those stats are at this point in time. In fact, I don't think they're relevant at all. Not to mention CarGo is playing in Colorado now so the first 85 games of his career, which he played in Oakland, are meaningless for the sake of the argument you're trying to make.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 777
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Re: CarGo or Braun

Postby thatguy27 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:38 am

benb18a wrote:
Element wrote:Though he may require PED's. CarGo for me.


Occam's Razor = he does not require PEDs. Braun for me.


I think you're missing the point...

He's saying Braun may require PED's.

Hence, Occam's Razor would favor CarGo, as he is the one who does not require PED's.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 777
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Re: CarGo or Braun

Postby benb18a » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:46 am

thatguy27 wrote:
benb18a wrote:Braun's rookie year: 113 games, 34 home runs, .324, 97 RBI, 1.004 OPS

CarGo's 162 game average for his career: 30 home runs, 100 RBI, .885 OPS


I'm not sure how relevant those stats are at this point in time. In fact, I don't think they're relevant at all. Not to mention CarGo is playing in Colorado now so the first 85 games of his career, which he played in Oakland, are meaningless for the sake of the argument you're trying to make.


It's quite simple. People are reaching, and claiming CarGo has the higher upside. Braun's rookie year > CarGo's best season to date. I'm just making a counter argument, is all.

BTW, playing in COL is pretty relevant. What would CarGo do if traded to, say, San Diego? We all know what Braun can do at Petco...
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 771
Joined: 12 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: CarGo or Braun

Postby benb18a » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:56 am

thatguy27 wrote:
benb18a wrote:
Element wrote:Though he may require PED's. CarGo for me.


Occam's Razor = he does not require PEDs. Braun for me.


I think you're missing the point...

He's saying Braun may require PED's.

Hence, Occam's Razor would favor CarGo, as he is the one who does not require PED's.


Interesting logic. CarGo does not require PEDs, because he's never been found to have a banned substance in his urine? How's that theory holding up for McGwire?

I think you missed my point. Ryan Braun would have to be the stupidest human being alive to be taking PEDs this season. In employing Occam's Razor, it should be obvious that Ryan Braun is not taking 'roids or HGH, and never has. He doesn't exhibit any of the signs of usage, nor has his career-best HR pace this season suggested he has done what 99.9% of those who took PEDs and were tested last Fall would do this season - and that is appreciate the second chance and stop taking them as it is obvious MLB will be on him like white on rice.
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 771
Joined: 12 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: CarGo or Braun

Postby thatguy27 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:16 am

benb18a wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:
benb18a wrote:Braun's rookie year: 113 games, 34 home runs, .324, 97 RBI, 1.004 OPS

CarGo's 162 game average for his career: 30 home runs, 100 RBI, .885 OPS


I'm not sure how relevant those stats are at this point in time. In fact, I don't think they're relevant at all. Not to mention CarGo is playing in Colorado now so the first 85 games of his career, which he played in Oakland, are meaningless for the sake of the argument you're trying to make.


It's quite simple. People are reaching, and claiming CarGo has the higher upside. Braun's rookie year > CarGo's best season to date. I'm just making a counter argument, is all.

BTW, playing in COL is pretty relevant. What would CarGo do if traded to, say, San Diego? We all know what Braun can do at Petco...


Do you expect CarGo to be traded some time this season/
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 777
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Re: CarGo or Braun

Postby thatguy27 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:17 am

benb18a wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:
benb18a wrote:
Occam's Razor = he does not require PEDs. Braun for me.


I think you're missing the point...

He's saying Braun may require PED's.

Hence, Occam's Razor would favor CarGo, as he is the one who does not require PED's.


Interesting logic. CarGo does not require PEDs, because he's never been found to have a banned substance in his urine? How's that theory holding up for McGwire?

I think you missed my point. Ryan Braun would have to be the stupidest human being alive to be taking PEDs this season. In employing Occam's Razor, it should be obvious that Ryan Braun is not taking 'roids or HGH, and never has. He doesn't exhibit any of the signs of usage, nor has his career-best HR pace this season suggested he has done what 99.9% of those who took PEDs and were tested last Fall would do this season - and that is appreciate the second chance and stop taking them as it is obvious MLB will be on him like white on rice.


You're right, I did miss your point on this one. I got ya now.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 777
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Re: CarGo or Braun

Postby jfg » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:18 am

bigh0rt wrote:
jfg wrote:CarGo- he would have ran away with the MVP last year if he he hadn't slumped in April.
It's difficult to win the MVP while playing only 127 Games. Missed a week in early July and then the entire latter third or July into the first week of August.


Ah, forgot about that, just remembered the huge slump at the beginning. But, that helps CarGo's case doesn't it?
Image
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6078
(Past Year: 83)
Joined: 4 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact