Trying to get Miggy/Trout - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trying to get Miggy/Trout

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trying to get Miggy/Trout

Postby studepaber » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:47 pm

In a 6x6 H2H keeper league and am thinking of trading for Miggy and Trout. Miggy is $55 for 4 years, Trout is $2 for 5 year (+$2 each year).

Am thinking of offerring..

Darvish $26 for 4 years
Mous $2 for 5 year ($2 each year)
Rights to Tyler Skaggs
Rights to Carlos Martinez (he's a Cards fan)

Is this a fair trade for both sides? Do I need to offer more (like another pitcher (Bumgarner, Greinke are options) or a 1st round minor league pick)? Without posting my roster I could use the hitting at 3B (currently have Zimmerman and Mous) and can afford to trade Darvish.

I made a similar post a week or so back but figured I'd start fresh with this new trade.
studepaber
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trying to get Miggy/Trout

Postby MaudDib » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:33 pm

I don't think it will be enough. A lot depends on what that contract means with Cabrera. Is it high? Is it a comparable price for a stud? Does the guy have someone to replace Cabrera's position or is that what Moustakas is?

An even bigger stumbling block is Trout. I really don't see someone dealing Trout at such a great price for so many years especially with how he has come one since being called up. He already looks like a top 10 OF so why would you deal that for a bunch of guys you have to hope on.

So maybe worth an offer but I would bet the guy declines the deal and probably doesn't even counter the offer. Maybe choose one and go after him and it probably should be Cabrera because at least he has a high price tag and the guy might be ok getting out from under that. There is no negative to owning Trout at a cheap price so why deal him?
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Re: Trying to get Miggy/Trout

Postby studepaber » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:39 pm

Pujols is about the same price, and in my opinion the price is about right. He has Bautista to fill in at 3rd so he's good there. I'm very intrigued by Trout and I know this guy loves Skaggs and Martinez. If I didn't want an insulting trade should I throw in a 1st round draft pick for minor league players (draft is in a week)?
studepaber
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 30)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions