WHIR: My Hamilton/Jansen for his Fielder/Pence? WHIR!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

WHIR: My Hamilton/Jansen for his Fielder/Pence? WHIR!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

WHIR: My Hamilton/Jansen for his Fielder/Pence? WHIR!!!

Postby coolarmadillo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:37 am

11-team roto, 40-man roster, keeper league.

First place, looking to add a bat (literally...the extra bat could simply be added to our lineup, replacing a pitcher...sort of a P/Utility flex position) and win this year. 9th place is pretty well out of it and looking for keepers. Thinking about offering him Hamilton (can't be kept) and Kenley Jansen (can be kept 3 more years for price of 20th round pick) for Fielder (can't be kept) and Pence (can be kept 1 more year for the price of a 9th round pick).

Two questions:

1. Is this enough to get Fielder and Pence? Hamilton is ranked #1 on the CBS site (which hosts our league), Jansen #75, Fielder #41 and Pence #26. So, our #1 and 75 for his #41 and 26. Even without the keeper angle, I think it's defensible. With two more years of Jansen than Pence for the price of a pick 11 rounds later, I think it's a very solid offer. Very interested what others think.

2. Is there any reason you WOULDN'T do this if you were me? I have a ton of closers and other keeper options. The only downsides I can see are maybe a slight hit in average and the possibility that Hamilton continues at this pace (in which case, I still think Fielder and Pence should combine to be more valuable, if only for runs and RBI).

Please leave a link and I'll help in return.
coolarmadillo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: WHIR: My Hamilton/Jansen for his Fielder/Pence? WHIR!!!

Postby Turd Sandwich » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:50 am

I think that you could probably get that for Hamilton if the guy wants to trade.

My only worry is Pence's average. He is really pressing at the plate without Howard in the lineup.

Help with mine: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=448413
C- Weiters
MI- Pedroia, Desmond, Nick Franklin
CI- Beltre, Longoria, Kendrys Morales,
OF- Braun, Craig, Aoki, Jennings
SP- King Felix, Darvish, Sale, S Miller, A Cobb, Cingrani, Teheran, Garza, G Cole, Bundy
RP- Mujica
Turd Sandwich
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kidsilk » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:56 am

I think it's enough especially if the other guy wants Hamilton. The only problem is that Hamilton can't be kept so I am not sure if the prospect of keeping Jansen will sway the other owner to do this. I do think it is a great deal for you though if you can pull it off.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=448356
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1232)

Postby jcave24 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:09 pm

I think that this will be enough (I'm currently trying to trade Hamilton myself) and think that there is no reason for you to do it. Pence will be a nice keeper for next year as well.

Mine?

viewtopic.php?t=448414
jcave24
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions