Trade Longoria for Santana/Lincecum - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade Longoria for Santana/Lincecum

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Longoria for Santana/Lincecum

Postby SilverBullets713 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:36 pm

I just acquired Longo last week in a trade were the owner was looking to sell as he was getting impatient with his injury recovery. The owner was dealing with several teams and I provided him the best offer. Well since then, one of the owners he was dealing with has been in talks with me about Longo. His latest offer is Lincecum and Carlos Santana for Longo. It's hard for me to trade Longo being that he hasn't even registered a single AB with me yet. And since I moved Cain in the Longo deal, Lincecum COULD provide quite the boost to my pitching ranks. I have no doubt that this deal would benefit me greatly THIS year as Longo is still several weeks away from a return. And it's starting to look like Lincecum is getting back to normal.

The problem is, it's a league where we keep 8 players. And I am pretty much at my limit now, with some borderline guys having great years (Tumbo and Prado). Do I really want to trade one keeper for two potential keepers and have a tough decision to make down the road?

Here is a list of guys I am currently considering keeping.

Mark Trumbo
Ian Kinsler
Asdrubal Cabrera
Martin Prado
Longo
M. Bourn
Pence
McCutcheon
Brandon Beachy
Johnny Cueto

If I fall out of contention, I believe that I will be able to sell Willingham or Quentin off to a competing owner for a solid high price.

It's obviously that my sticks are much stronger than my arms. Which is why the addition of Lincecum intrigues me. Any thoughts?
SilverBullets713
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Longoria for Santana/Lincecum

Postby MaudDib » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:15 pm

Welcome to the Cafe!

I am going to say hold off. Lincecum still worries me. The last start was nice but the one before that was just simply bad. Plus his K's are down and his walks are up. If you even look at his last three years it shows the same thing. Not as bad as it is this year but his K/9 has been on the decline and his BB/9 has been creeping closer to 4. So while I do believe he is better than what he has been so far this year, I don't think he is the top 10 SP he used to be. Add in that I have questions about Santana staying healthy and I would pass on this deal. I would rather have Longoria long term than both of those guys.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Travmacdaddy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:00 pm

I would take it, I think Santana has the best year of any catcher when he comes back, plus Lincecum will put up good enough numbers, I say you take it. Santana is too good a Catcher to pass up on getting him.
Travmacdaddy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby SilverBullets713 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:34 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I ended up holding off on the deal. Timmy just scares me, not sure I would be getting the value back that I was looking for in that deal.

Now that guy I was dealing with is offering Santana for Trumbo. I think it's a huge sell high situation for Trumbo. Is Trumbo the next elite bat, or is this a deal that I can't pass up?
SilverBullets713
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions