** Updated ** Lincecum trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

** Updated ** Lincecum trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

** Updated ** Lincecum trade

Postby triple3play » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:12 am

Would you trade my Middlebrook and Wade Miley for his Lincecum in my H2H points dynasty league? I know its lopsided right now but Im not a real believer in Miley and at 3b I already have McCab, HanRam, Sandoval, Lawrie. Good SP is very important in this league, so Id be hoping for a major rebound from Lincy
Last edited by triple3play on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
triple3play
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lincecum trade

Postby MaudDib » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:24 pm

I would do that. Sucks to lose Middlebrooks in a Dynasty but this is a steal for you.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby triple3play » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:45 am

I offered this trade a few weeks ago and it was rejected. I wake up this morning to the same trade offered back to me! There is nothing I hate more then when some rejects a trade, then things don't go they're way so they come back and try to offer it again. I generally just reject it out of spite. But what should I do here? Middlebrooks is basically the starting 3B now and raking, and Miley has been rolling and making me a believer. Lincecum on the other hand has still sucked. I'm leaning towards rejecting it, right?
triple3play
College Coach
College Coach

Postby acertijo » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:12 am

What was different a few weeks ago when you wanted Lincecum? He wasn't pitching well then either. It seems if you liked it enough to offer then, it would still be something you like today (hard feelings aside). And you certainly can spare the extra 3B.

Help mine? viewtopic.php?t=449447
acertijo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: ** Updated ** Lincecum trade

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:53 am

If you reject it out of spite, you're only hurting yourself here. Lincecum has been a star for years, and I'm inclined to think that at some point he will return to form. It might not be this year, though, but in a dynasty league I think this deal is a no brainer. I'd take this deal every time.

Thoughts on mine?
viewtopic.php?t=449418
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Re: ** Updated ** Lincecum trade

Postby rjforlife » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:09 pm

pokerplaya wrote:If you reject it out of spite, you're only hurting yourself here. Lincecum has been a star for years, and I'm inclined to think that at some point he will return to form. It might not be this year, though, but in a dynasty league I think this deal is a no brainer. I'd take this deal every time.

Thoughts on mine?
viewtopic.php?t=449418

You have to take the deal, although the guy is taking advantage of the Middlebrooks/Youk situation a bit with his timing. Regardless, the possible value you get here demands an accept.

Help:

viewtopic.php?t=449433
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions