King Felix - What to offer? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

King Felix - What to offer? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

King Felix - What to offer? WHIR

Postby bostux » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:39 am

I know there is a 'Back Issue' right now and I think it might be the right time to pounce to get him.

H2H points league; win +20; loss -10; k 2; ER -1.5; BB: -1

Would you package B. Beachy and J. McDonald to get him? Is that too much in your opinion? Is there anyone else you would package to get him?

Current pitching roster: Cain, Greinke, Bumgarner, Wainwright, Sale, Moore, Beachy, McDonald, Latos
Boston 5, Yankees 1
bostux
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: King Felix - What to offer? WHIR

Postby juliown1028 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:51 am

Thanks for helping out with mine.

Your pitching staff is definitely pretty deep, but Beachy and McDonald seem like real deals to me. I think both can maintain a sub 3.50 ERA from this point forward. The person I'd really try to sell high on is Sale. We know that Beachy and McDonald have been able to handle 100+ innings in the past but I worry about Sale. The White Sox were already concerned with his arm a few weeks ago, and I doubt he'll be able to be fully effective in 25+ starts without his arm fatiguing a bit.

Maybe start out with Beachy + Sale or McDonald + Sale and see what the other guy thinks, and gauge your next offer dependent on what he says. It looks like your staff has the depth to lose one of them, and there is always time to find a gem on the WW.
"Chuck Norris has been known to throw a baseball 100 mph. I've been known to throw Chuck Norris 100 mph." - Brian Wilson
juliown1028
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MaudDib » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:59 am

I would be fine offering that but I don't expect him to accept it. I am not sold on McDonald after seeing something like this from him before so I would be happy to move him in a deal that gets you a guy like Felix.

I would definitely make an offer an see where the owner stands. He might still think of Felix as a top 5 SP at which point it is going to be costly to get him but if he has soured at all then you should be able to get him for a good price.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 466)

Postby HighHeater » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:18 am

id make the offer but like the others i doubt he accepts that. I don't see any real concrete evidence Felix is not still a top 5 SP... you can bring up the back but that's not something that will lower his value unlike something wrong with his arm might. He gets better and better as the summer heats up too so an educated owner would probably know this too. He just went for Mat Latos/Chris Perez and a top prospect in Matt Adams in my dynasty league(you can maybe use as a reference).
HighHeater
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 23)

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:36 am

McDonald/spare offensive player with solid value. If you have OF depth maybe an OF like Cruz or if you have an extra 2b say Kinsler+Uggla type would get it.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 3685)

Postby redkanefox2009 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:37 am

That may not be enough to get the deal done, you can try it. Maybe try Beachy and Sale, I think that would be your starting point.

Help with mine please? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=448345
redkanefox2009
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 55)

Postby TruYankeeFan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:37 pm

MadDog36 wrote:McDonald/spare offensive player with solid value. If you have OF depth maybe an OF like Cruz or if you have an extra 2b say Kinsler+Uggla type would get it.

I agree with Mad Dog.

Thanks for the help on mine!
ROS advice needed...Leave a link and I will def hit you back!

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=463191
TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 59)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions