3 Trades I'm Working On! WHIR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

3 Trades I'm Working On! WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

3 Trades I'm Working On! WHIR!

Postby Travmacdaddy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:34 am

K, so this 1st trade I already completed just today now just waiting for the players to join my roster. The 2nd and 3rd trade I just offered, now I'm just waiting for a response. I'd like opinion on if the 1st was a good trade and what I should do to improve the 2nd and 3rd trades.

1st Trade:

I'm Trading: Carlos Ruiz and Jose Atluve

I'm Getting: Troy Tulowitzki and Corey Hart

2nd Trade:

I'm Trading: Jake Peavy and Billy Butler

I'm Getting: Justin Verlander

3rd Trade:

I'm Trading: Jason Hammel

I'm Getting: Tim Lincecum

Thanks in advance, here's my roster:

8 Team H2H Yahoo League

C: Buster Posey
1B: Billy Butler
2B: Jason Kipnis
SS: Jose Reyes
3B: Mark Trumbo
OF: Adam Jones
OF: Ryan Braun
OF: Mike Trout
UTIL: Edwin Encarnacion
UTIL: Allen Craig
BN: Jose Atluve
BN: Carlos Ruiz
DL: Jacoby Ellsbury
DL: Carlos Santana

SP: Cole Hamels
SP: Chris Hale
RP: Rafael Soriano
RP: Joe Nathan
SP: Jason Hammel
SP: David Price
SP: Jake Peavy
SP: James McDonald
RP: Rafael Casilla
RP: Rafael Betancourt
Travmacdaddy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 3 Trades I'm Working On! WHIR!

Postby bostux » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:50 am

I can't believe the first trade went through to be honest.

I wouldn't accept any of the other trades either.

I would just keep doing what you are doing. It doesn't seem like many people pay attention in your league, take advantage and ride your 'ship at the end of the year.
Boston 5, Yankees 1
bostux
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Travmacdaddy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:06 pm

Those were trades I offered, the Justin Verlander one got accepted this morning. Were those both good trades I made? And should I keep the 3rd trade offer open?
Travmacdaddy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby sclyon3 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:31 pm

I like both the first and second trades. I am selling high on Peavy now personally. I am working on a deal to ship him out with an OF option like Reddick to get Giancarlo Stanton as we speak. Verlander is a huge upgrade from Peavy in my mind. Peavy is always an injury risk and Verlander is hands down the top SP in fantasy in my mind. I think you win. I like dealing for Tulo, also.

As far as #3, I am not touching Lincecum at all this year. I see no reason for hope based on anything I've read or seen. He just seems to not have it anymore. He reminds me of Dontrelle Willis: come out and take the league by storm and then continue to deteriorate until you have no place in the bigs. D-Train was second in the Cy Young voting (and should have won in my mind) in '05 with an ERA of 2.63 and a WHIP of 1.13 along with 22 wins and 5 complete game shutouts. The next year his ERA was 3.87 with 12 wins and only had one year with an ERA under 5 (and it was 4.98) after that. Some players just fall off, even after seeming to have such promising careers early on. I fell victim to riding the D-Train and overpaying for his upside after that '05 campaign hoping for a return to greatness. I won't be fooled again! I wouldn't take that risk.

Hope this helps!
sclyon3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby sclyon3 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:35 am

sclyon3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby raek » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:50 am

Grats on the #1 and #2 absolute steals. For 3, I would probably take a chance. Hammel is pitching well, but in an 8 team league hes close to replacement level. If Lincecum turns it around, great for you. If not, not a huge loss.
-raek
raek
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 65)

Postby ahcryky » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:58 am

You shouldn't even be asking for help....... If you got the first trades to go through you win by a huge margin in both of them. With you getting those other trades, I really don't see any need for you to do the last trade.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=448586
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby coolarmadillo » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:26 am

I definitely like the first trade. Altuve appears to be pretty legit, but you've got to like replacing him with Tulo. GREAT sell high on Ruiz. He should continue hitting for average, but no way his power sticks around. I like the second trade as well. You're probably giving more value than you're getting, but if you've got the depth to replace Butler, it's a very clear pitching upgrade and a good sell high on Peavy. As others have noted, I don't care for the third trade, but I could take it or leave it. Big risk/reward with Lincecum. I don't expect much of anything out of him this year, so I wouldn't give much of value, but if you get him for someone you won't miss, no harm in stashing him to see if he bounces back.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=448532
coolarmadillo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions