Trade Hunter Pence for Matt Cain? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade Hunter Pence for Matt Cain? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Hunter Pence for Matt Cain? WHIR

Postby sigriffey » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:49 pm

My pitching has not been getting it done despite the pedigree. Roy Halladay is on the DL with no clear date for return. Should I trade Hunter Pence for Matt Cain? Pence is in his final keeper year, so while I doubt Cain makes my top 6 keepers, he would be a nice stabilizer. But can my offense survive while I wait for my injured OFs to return?

12 Team H2H DAILY LEAGUE with 6 Keepers Season to Season, each for 3 years max. * means a keeper entering this season
Stat Categories: R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG -- IP, CG, W, L, ER, ERA, K, SV, WHIP

MY CURRENT TEAM

C Jesus Montero
1B Prince Fielder*
2B Gordon Beckham
3B Miguel Cabrera*
SS Hanley Ramirez*
OF Curtis Granderson
OF Hunter Pence
OF Giancarlo Stanton
UT Adam Dunn
UT Eric Hosmer
UT Dayan Viciedo
BN Quintin Berry
BN Justin Smoak
BN Dustin Pedroia* (Day-Day with thumb since Tues)
DL Jacoby Ellsbury
DL Carl Crawford
DL Emilio Bonifacio

SP Clayton Kershaw
SP Cole Hamels
SP Tim Lincecum
RP Aroldis Chapman
RP Chris Sale
P Brandon Beachy
P Ricky Romero
P Anibal Sanchez
BN Roy Oswalt (a few starts away from joining Texas)
BN Roy Halladay (DL but on my bench since I am over my 4 DL spot limit)
DL Sergio Santos (Dump him so I can DL Halladay and out this roster spot to better use?
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Hunter Pence for Matt Cain? WHIR

Postby ATLbraves » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:02 pm

I like Matt Cain but I do value Pence higher. So if I was you I would try and squeeze a little more out of him to make the trade fair. Either a slightly better pitcher or at least a decent OF option and you can just drop Berry.

I think your offense should be able to handle the loss of Pence for the short-term, until you get some of your guys back from the DL.

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sigriffey » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:04 pm

ATLbraves wrote:I like Matt Cain but I do value Pence higher. So if I was you I would try and squeeze a little more out of him to make the trade fair. Either a slightly better pitcher or at least a decent OF option and you can just drop Berry.

I think your offense should be able to handle the loss of Pence for the short-term, until you get some of your guys back from the DL.

What if he was willing to do my Romero and Dunn for his Cain and a bat to be named. Thoughts?
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic

Postby ATLbraves » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:08 pm

sigriffey wrote:
ATLbraves wrote:I like Matt Cain but I do value Pence higher. So if I was you I would try and squeeze a little more out of him to make the trade fair. Either a slightly better pitcher or at least a decent OF option and you can just drop Berry.

What if he was willing to do my Romero and Dunn for his Cain and a bat to be named. Thoughts?

You would be over-paying imo, but it really depends on who you get in return.

ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sigriffey » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:13 pm

ATLbraves wrote:
sigriffey wrote:

I mostly don't trust Romero anymore so I'd love a way to move him. But I am not really eager to just overpay for no reason.

What's the best approach here for getting Cain?
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic

Postby ATLbraves » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:18 pm

sigriffey wrote:
ATLbraves wrote:
sigriffey wrote:

I mostly don't trust Romero anymore so I'd love a way to move him. But I am not really eager to just overpay for no reason.

What's the best approach here for getting Cain?

Yeah I am not a fan of Romero at all either, but you need to at least get what he is worth in return.

If there is anyway possible you could trade Romero and one of your extra offensive players for Cain that would be awesome. Maybe like Smoak and Romero for Cain.

ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kaiser » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:31 pm

I think this makes a lot of sense. You need just a bot more than Cain for Pence.

Could you give me your advice on this deal for Pujols?
viewtopic.php?t=448291
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)

Postby OBPlover » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:08 pm

there is anyway possible you could trade Romero and one of your extra offensive players for Cain that would be awesome. Maybe like Smoak and Romero for Cain.

I've got Matt Cain in one of my fantasy leagues but no way would I take Smoak and Romero for Cain.

I'd probably block emails on the person who sent it.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 118)

Postby ATLbraves » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:32 pm

OBPlover wrote:
there is anyway possible you could trade Romero and one of your extra offensive players for Cain that would be awesome. Maybe like Smoak and Romero for Cain.

I've got Matt Cain in one of my fantasy leagues but no way would I take Smoak and Romero for Cain.

I'd probably block emails on the person who sent it.

Yeah I wasn't saying it would get accepted or even a fair trade, I was just saying that is something you could start trade discussions with. Who knows, they might even accept it.

ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions