6/4 cheering and venting -Cards & Giants have already won - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

6/4 cheering and venting -Cards & Giants have already won

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 6/4 cheering and venting -Cards & Giants have already wo

Postby HighHeater » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:07 pm

Dillon Gee = underrated ;-D
HighHeater
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 6/4 cheering and venting -Cards & Giants have alread

Postby bayside » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:28 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
BChinly wrote:If Vogelsong is not an all-star there is seriously something wrong with all-star voting
The guy is the 3rd best pitcher on his team, and if Lincecum ever finds the plate, the 4th best. If Vogelsong is an All-Star, so is R.A. Dickey.

its the 2012 All Star game.
not the "Projection All Star Game", or the "Career Allstars".

and if Voglesong is only the third best pitcher on his own team, then guess what?
3 Giants pitchers belong in the All Star Game. Pretty simple stuff.

honestly, have you even seen him pitch?
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Cream » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Any one still carrying Floyd? I've got Bailey on the wire and am thinking he might be a useful spot start tomorrow. I've had a hard time giving up on players this year.
Cream
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 23)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:54 pm

bayside wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
BChinly wrote:If Vogelsong is not an all-star there is seriously something wrong with all-star voting
The guy is the 3rd best pitcher on his team, and if Lincecum ever finds the plate, the 4th best. If Vogelsong is an All-Star, so is R.A. Dickey.

and if Voglesong is only the third best pitcher on his own team, then guess what?

When he was on my team last year, quite a bit. I've seen Dickey pitch a lot, too. I don't want to see either of them pitch in the 2012 All-Star game, and even if you want to go the 'deserving' route, I don't think either is more so than anybody I listed in my previous post. So we can get into our annual debate here over whether 'deserving' entails 'first half of this year', or those who like to count last year's 2nd half and this year's 1st half, or those who just want to be entertained and not watch a bunch of schmucks and will ensure Derek Jeter is the AL's starting SS until the day he retires, one thing I can be certain of: there will be nothing close to consensus. Me? I love Robert Alan Dickey. Dude is hot fire. Zero interest in watching him pitch in the All-Star game. Same for Vogelsong. I'd rather watch Clayton Kershaw regardless of what he's done so far this year.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 307)

Postby Skin Blues » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:20 pm

bayside wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

For 2012 he's barely a top 25 pitcher if you really stretch it. Not even close to an All-Star. The only way he'd deserve it is if he was on the Astros or something, and they needed a representative.

Strasburg, Lee, Greinke, Gio, Anibal, Hamels, Cain, Kershaw, McDonald, Johan, Bumgarner, and yeah, RA Dickey, etc. He's not even close to that group this season. if all you look at is ERA then I guess Wade Miley has been better than Cole Hamels and Cliff Lee. Fortunately it's not 1997 anymore so you'd be in the minority with taht opinion, and the All Stars are based on opinions.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 110)

Postby bayside » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:38 pm

my point was that its ludicrous to use the qualifier "he only the 3rd best pitcher on his team".
thats just ridiculous. by that logic you could never see Hamels, Lee, and Halladay on the same All Star Team either.

that said, I wasnt very clear.
i should have said "if Voglesong is deserving of an All Star selection, then it doesnt matter how many pitchers on his team are better than him. They should all go."
Like you mentioned, there are actually at least 8-10 NL guys having better seasons at this point.
Last edited by bayside on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bayside » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:40 pm

effn Upton. why the hell does this guy take so many called third strikes?
He is the most frustrating player to watch play that i've ever owned
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:41 pm

bayside wrote:my point was that its ludicrous to use the qualifier "he only the 3rd best pitcher on his team".
thats just ridiculous. by that logic you could never see Hamels, Lee, and Halladay on the same All Star Team either.

that said, I wasnt very clear.
i should have said "if Voglesong is deserving of an All Star selection, then it doesnt matter how many pitchers on his team are better than him. They should all go."
Like you mentioned, there are actually at least 8-10 guys having better seasons at this point.
That's what I was saying as well. Basically, if you're saying that Vogelsong is an All-Star, you better be saying that Cain and Bumgarner are too, cause he certainly hasn't been better than either of them. Not any implication that you shouldn't have X number of players from the same team.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 307)

Postby bayside » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:44 pm

ok then, we agree to agree :-b
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Norby » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:51 pm

Anybody have a clue when S. Casilla is due back for the Giants? Last i saw, was that he was doing fine and could have pitched on Saturday even. Those 4 saves on Friday (when he got hurt), Saturday, Sunday, and today would have been mighty nice. I lost in my points league last week by less than a save too. =(
Norby
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers