Austin Jackson & Carl Crawford for... ??? WHIR. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Austin Jackson & Carl Crawford for... ??? WHIR.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Austin Jackson & Carl Crawford for... ??? WHIR.

Postby NikeTxGuy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:54 am

This may sound newbish, but I am thinking of trading some of my DL guys to another team... I am in need of some good pitching and one pitcher that I may consider trading these two guys for is...

Chris Sale -- SP/RP for the White Sox.

Now, this other owner in my league that has C.Sale, wanted to do Ben Zobrist for Austin Jackson straight up... I turned him down. Was that wise to do? If not, should I try to re-open those talks and try to buy extremely low on Zobrist?

Side Note: (I am currently starting Kelly Johnson at 2B but could use a backup 2B if he sits for an extended period but do NOT absolutely NEED one, possibly at the expense of trading away Jackson).

If not, please continue reading onward:

My thought is that Sale, yes, while he could blow up later on in the season, as far as the last 30 days have gone, he has pitched remarkably well! With that being said however, I am a bit concerned about Austin Jackson and how he'll produce when he gets back from the DL next week. Carl Crawford, even if he comes back, I won't have room for him, as the pending trade went through, and now I have some GREAT outfielders in Carlos Gonzalez, Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton, Carlos Quentin, Dexter Fowler and Josh Reddick. (on a side note: I have 3 outfield spots and 2 utility spots to use). I have SIX outfielders on purpose, and picked up Fowler to use him 1/2 the time, (meaning, benching him and starting Reddick when the Rockies are on the road, and bench Reddick and start Fowler when the Rockies are playing at Coors field). So with all that being said, I figured, "you know, why not?" I am a bit nervous on Crawford because he keeps on having these setbacks and he could turn out like Carlos Beltran who could sit way way more often because of his flareups in his elbow.

If not Sale, then who? This owner also has Ricky Romero, Tommy Hanson and Shawn Marcum.
C-Wieters/McCann 1B-Freeman 2B-Kipnis 3B-Trumbo SS-Segura OF-C.Gonzalez OF-Trout OF-Dunn UT-Bourn UT-Andrus
BN:McLouth-Wieters-Arenado

(SP) Kershaw-Moore-Corbin-Buchholz-T.Wood-Fernandez-Teheran
(RP) Rivera-J.Johnson-Gregg-Robertson
NikeTxGuy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Austin Jackson & Carl Crawford for... ??? WHIR.

Postby baegames » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:15 am

Try to buy low on Marcum. I like Sale, but I worry that he may have Michael Pineda or Stephen Strasburg disease (tiring in the second half of the year, like Pineda did last year or being shut down at a certain innings limit).

Help with mine:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=448142
baegames
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 141)

Re: Austin Jackson & Carl Crawford for... ??? WHIR.

Postby Roberto Clemente » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:14 am

You should trade Mike Trout to me for Josh Lindblom.
Roberto Clemente
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions