Aceves fo Reyes WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Aceves fo Reyes WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Aceves fo Reyes WHIR

Postby clarkdp2 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:59 pm

I am in serious need of upgrading my offense as I have way too many pitchers but the main problem is I dont have any pitchers worthy of dropping as they all of pretty significant value so I am trying to trade a pitcher for a batter. I offered Beachy for Reyes and he countered with Aceves for Reyes.

I know this will make me weak at the closer position but I still feel like this is a trade I have to make. I plan on stashing Storen and Santos/Bailey/or Farnsworth after Santana and Cespedes come off the DL so I may be weak at closer for the time being but I should be good when playoffs come around.

Do I make this trade and then try to deal for a closer after this trade is made?

10 Team 5x5 H2H

C - Weiters
1B - Hosmer
2B - Phillips
3B - Beltre
SS - HanRam
2B/SS - Kendrick
1B/3B - Moustakas
OF - Stanton
OF - Trout
OF - Harper
OF - Stubbs
OF - Open until Cespedes gets back tomorrow
Utility - Montero
DL - Cespedes
DL - C. Santana

P - Haren
P - Bumgarner
P - Wainright
P - Beachy
P - Latos
P - Garza
P - Peavy
P - J. Johnson
P -J. Samardzidja
Bench - Aceves
Bench - Clippard
Bench - Frieri
Bench - M. Scherzer

WHIR Leave a link
clarkdp2
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Aceves fo Reyes WHIR

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:02 pm

Yeah... do the deal.

You still have JJohnson and Frieri, who looks like the real thing in LAA, and Clippard might stick in Wash with Storen's return not near term.

Help me in return? viewtopic.php?t=448104
FantasySportsMaven
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bobnerns » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:02 pm

Is this serious? You get Jose Reyes while giving up Alfredo Aceves? You've got to be kidding.
bobnerns
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mpieco » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:03 pm

When we say Reyes...are we talking about Jose Reyes? So he's offering you a top 20 player overall for a player who isn't even in the top 20 at his own position? Please tell me I'm missing something here.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby clarkdp2 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:48 pm

mpieco wrote:When we say Reyes...are we talking about Jose Reyes? So he's offering you a top 20 player overall for a player who isn't even in the top 20 at his own position? Please tell me I'm missing something here.
No I'm talking about Guillermo Reyes...yes I'm talking about Jose. I was hoping to try and sell high on Beachy and buy low on Reyes so I offered Beachy as a starting offer and he came back saying he would trade Reyes for Aceves which I was completely amazed at. Aceves wont even be the closer once Bailey gets back so I dont know where his heads at. He is weak at closer and has Jeter to play SS so I guess he feels like he can afford to make the trade...My other league Reyes was traded for LaHair and Gordon about a month ago so I was amazed to get him for so cheap.
clarkdp2
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Element » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:54 pm

clarkdp2 wrote:
mpieco wrote:When we say Reyes...are we talking about Jose Reyes? So he's offering you a top 20 player overall for a player who isn't even in the top 20 at his own position? Please tell me I'm missing something here.
No I'm talking about Guillermo Reyes...yes I'm talking about Jose. I was hoping to try and sell high on Beachy and buy low on Reyes so I offered Beachy as a starting offer and he came back saying he would trade Reyes for Aceves which I was completely amazed at. Aceves wont even be the closer once Bailey gets back so I dont know where his heads at. He is weak at closer and has Jeter to play SS so I guess he feels like he can afford to make the trade...My other league Reyes was traded for LaHair and Gordon about a month ago so I was amazed to get him for so cheap.

Before he sobers up ... just do it
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 713)

Postby mpieco » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:58 pm

LaHair and Gordon?!

Aceves?!

What are these Reyes owners thinking?

Beachy for Reyes actually would have been close to equal value. Some people are just really really thick.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ATLbraves » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:04 pm

I would have accepted this deal immediately, then it definitely would have been vetoed in my league because this is an absolute steal. Jose Reyes is 50x more valuable then Aceves, especially since he likely won't even have the closer job once Andrew Bailey comes back.

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions