Trade for A-Gon and JUpton (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade for A-Gon and JUpton (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade for A-Gon and JUpton (WHIR)

Postby jcave24 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:59 am

Old offers: I lowballed the guy with Fielder and Alex Rios, and he returned fire as wanting Fielder and either Hamilton or Stanton... Sounds from what he said as though he's going by draft position to make the trade, in addition to the fact that he's been nigh impossible to trade with both years we've been in this league. Because of that, I'm not sure that a deal will get done, but I would sure like to try.

I obviously can't do that trade he offered me, right? I'd be taking a chance that all players in the deal would keep the production they've currently had, which would reduce the chances of winning for my first place team.

The current offer: I countered with Zobrist + Fielder for AGon + JUpton. This partially satisfies his condition that the players be a high draft pick (5th round) and I mentioned to him that Zobrist manages to get his stats every year, even though the average hasn't been there yet this year. Does this seem like a reasonable offer, that will help my team?

10 team, 5x5, H2H, non-keeper

C J Montero
1B P Fielder
2b J Kipnis
3b M Moustakas
SS D Gordon
MI B Zobrist
CI H Ramirez
OF J Hamilton
OF G Stanton
OF M Trout
OF A Rios
OF C Young
UTIL C Maybin
BE C Quentin
DL E Longoria

P M Cain
P CJ Wilson
P B Beachy
P G Gonzalez
P J Peavy
P Mat Latos
P Johan Santana
P S Casilla
P K Jansen
P R Soriano
Last edited by jcave24 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
jcave24
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade for A-Gon and JUpton (WHIR)

Postby MaudDib » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:11 am

Fielder and Stanton for Agon and JUp is pretty even deal and would really depend on what you are wanting. Upton gives you steals where Stanton is huge power. Fielder and Agon are pretty even. I don't see Zobrist being enough but it all depends on what you are trying to do here.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 381)

Postby oconnellk22 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:18 am

I like it, I would just make sure you are set on Gonzalez just because the stats haven't been their this year like everyone was expecting, but Justin Upton is a nice upgrade over rios. If he takes it good for you.
oconnellk22
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby jtwise » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:36 am

I don't think zobrist will be enough. I think both AGon and Upton are primed for big 2nd half runs so continue to push until he folds.
jtwise
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:27 pm

Don't think he'll go for the zobrist deal... and if not, then I also think the fielder/stanton deal is the one to do. Good Luck.

Help me in return? viewtopic.php?t=448104
FantasySportsMaven
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Purplerox » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:30 pm

I agree that zobrist won't be enough, what about trying Chris young, he showed glimpses before injury, that the guy might bite? If that doesn't work just hope they underperform just long enough for the guy to give in.

Thanks for help on mine.
7x7 dynasty auction 10tm
C:Norris
1B:C. Davis
2B:Rendon
3B:Encarnacion
SS:Desmond
OF:CarGo, McCutchen, Ellsbury,Springer, kemp UTIL: Francisco
SP: Scherzer, Bailey, Latos, Samardizjia, Lynn, Fister, Walker, Salazar
RP: Soriano, Chapman
Purplerox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 15)

Postby coolarmadillo » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:11 am

I don't have a problem with his offer on paper if you're looking to trade power for speed, but I think you could get more for Hamilton or Stanton in particular. I say, unless you have an urgent need (and it doesn't sound like you do), post a message to your league message board shopping one or both of those guys. No way those guys (particularly Hamilton) keeps this pace, but someone in your league might overpay a little for the 20 HRs you already got out of him.

I also have no problem with your low-balling him with the Zobrist deal, especially if he's wanting Hamilton or Stanton. Again, those guys are among the best in the league so far this year. What's the worst that happens? He rejects it and you take the more fair trade that he offered.

Thanks for the help on mine and good luck!
coolarmadillo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Surfs up » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:54 pm

oconnellk22 wrote:I like it, I would just make sure you are set on Gonzalez just because the stats haven't been their this year like everyone was expecting, but Justin Upton is a nice upgrade over rios. If he takes it good for you.

AGon power outage goes back to before the ASB last year. Check it out. He hit only 11 homeruns in his last 400 plus at bats. Add that to this this year and we are talking something 16 hrs in almost 600 at bats. Fenway parks Pesky pole is 294 ft down the line and the bullpens are close enough he should be hit 30 plus a season.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 194)

Postby LittleTree » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:18 pm

Obviously you are trying to buy low here and both A-Gon and Upton are great candidates for huge 2nd halves (but moreso Upton than A-Gon in my opinion). However, I would be careful here. If the other guy would take Zobrist and Fielder for Gonzales and Upton then good for you. However, I do NOT think I would include Stanton in any deal. I currently own both Stanton and Upton but if I had to choose between the two I would keep Stanton this season because he is showing the world he belongs. Upton is also obviously amazing but has really stuggled this year(hence the buy-low strategy). I'm just saying that if I had to pick one I would stick with Stanton. One option I would consider, depending on who is available on waivers, is to consider including Moustakis since this is a non-keeper league, and then plug another guy for two weeks until Longoria returns. The added power and potential you receive should help bridge the temporary gap and will give you a much stronger team for the rest of the year. Hope this helps.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=448276
LittleTree
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 26)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions