- For the first time in franchise history, the Brewers sweep the Los Angeles Dodgers. No, this wasn't a two game series, no, it wasn't at home, and no, the Brewers didn't have their starting catcher, shortstop, first baseman playing. The Crew came into LA's house, the best team in baseball, and handed them 4/9s of their home losses for the first two months of the season in a close four game series that saw a couple great pitcher matchups. More proof that anything can happen in pro sports.
- Zack Greinke punished conservative owners like me who need to maintain ERA and WHIP much more than trying for a W or strikeouts heading into this weekend, by continuing his Jekyll & Hyde act on the road, going 6 strong innings with 7 Ks and just 1 ER.
- The good news, is with only three games slated, there weren't any significant injuries for the first time in quite a while. The bad news, is Tulo was officially put on the DL yesterday with groin issues.
- CarGo hit yet another tater as the Rockies lit up the Astros, and is a big part of the reason I fear starting Capuano in COL tonight, despite being burned by Greinke's feast-or-famine road performance.
- Scherzer continues to impress, winning his fourth consecutive decision, with about an 18K/9 over that stretch. Don't look now, but he may be usable now that surely many have given up on him or at least benched him.
Today's Schedule and Probable Pitchers:
Miami @ Philadephia 7:05 EST MIA: M. Buehrle (5-4, 3.26) PHI: K. Kendrick (1-4, 4.10)
Minnesota @ Cleveland 7:05 EST MIN: C. Pavano (2-4, 5.46) CLE: D. Lowe (6-3, 3.25)
Atlanta @ Washington 7:05 EST ATL: M. Minor (2-4, 6.98) WAS: S. Strasburg (5-1, 2.64)
NY Yankees @ Detroit 7:05 EST NYY: C. Sabathia (6-2, 3.66) DET: C. Crosby (0-0, -.--)
St. Louis @ NY Mets 7:10 EST STL: A. Wainwright (4-5, 4.45) NYM: J. Santana (2-2, 2.75)
Boston @ Toronto 7:07 EST BOS: C. Buchholz (4-2, 7.19) TOR: H. Álvarez (3-4, 3.56)
Baltimore @ Tampa Bay BAL: W. Chen (4-1, 3.31) TB: D. Price (6-3, 2.71)
Cincinnati @ Houston 8:05 EST CIN: M. Leake (1-5, 5.47) HOU: J. Happ (4-4, 4.37)
Oakland @ Kansas City 8:10 EST OAK: B. Colón (4-5, 4.52) KC: F. Paulino (2-1, 2.03)
Pittsburgh @ Milwaukee 8:10 EST PIT: K. Correia (1-5, 4.30) MIL: R. Wolf (2-4, 5.73)
Seattle @ Chicago White Sox 8:10 EST SEA: F. Hernández (4-4, 3.17) CWS: J. Peavy (6-1, 3.07)
Los Angeles Dodgers @ Colorado 8:40 EST LAD: C. Capuano (7-1, 2.14) COL: J. Outman (0-1, 9.64)
Texas @ Los Angeles Angels 10:05 EST TEX: C. Lewis (4-3, 3.58) LAA: J. Williams (5-2, 3.81)
Arizona @ San Diego 10:05 EST ARI: W. Miley (6-1, 2.41) SD: C. Richard (2-6, 4.76)
Chicago Cubs @ San Francisco 10:15 EST CHC: P. Maholm (4-3, 4.62) SF: M. Bumgarner (5-4, 3.14)
Last edited by benb18a on Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.