5/31 Cheering, Venting, & Car-Go Does The Unpossible - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

5/31 Cheering, Venting, & Car-Go Does The Unpossible

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bigh0rt » Thu May 31, 2012 11:35 am

News, Notes, & Nonsense:

- Carlos Gonzalez is rumored to have hit not 1, not 2, but 3 different Home Runs in a single game last night. I don't believe it, as it would be the first time this feat had been successfully accomplished in MLB history, and I await ESPN, and other stat providing web sites to fix their statistical error.

- Francisco Liriano continued to be a c**k tease yesterday, like an abusive husband buying his battered wife roses after knocking her around to keep her from leaving. Next time out he allows 7 ER, beats you down, walks the entire ballpark, only to have another Ace-like performance in the middle of June, stringing you along further. It's a vicious cycle, folks.

- Justin Smoak and Jesus Montero combined for 10 RBI and 7 Runs scored in yesterday's drubbing of the Rangers, at the expense of Derek Holland, who looked like Brandon Morrow on a bad day. The similarities between the two go beyond that. Flip a coin and decide whether you're getting a CGSO of a WMD meltdown of self-destruction.

- Don't look now but Dexter Fowler's finally heating up, and not just in his double header the other day. He now has 10 Hits in his last 4 games, including 3 HR, 7 RBI and 8 Runs scored. For impatient owners who dumped him, it may be that time of year where he turns into the guy we all hope he will be each pre-season.

- Brett Lawrie's suspension has apparently lit a fire under his keister. He's hit safely in 8 straight games, finally making a ball leave the park yesterday. Dude needs to throw helmets at umpires more often.

- Lucas Duda smacked two dongs like a boss, cause that's how he gets down. The Duda abides. The Mets still lost, cause, well, they're the Mets.

Today's Matchups:

Only 3 games on the docket...

DET: Scherzer (4-3, 5.67 ERA)
BOS: Beckett (4-4, 4.15 ERA)

HOU: Norris (5-1, 3.34 ERA)
COL: Guthrie (2-3, 5.31 ERA)

MIL: Greinke (5-2, 3.66 ERA)
LAD: Billingsley (2-3, 3.88 ERA)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 5/31 Cheering, Venting, & Car-Go Does The Unpossible

Postby bigh0rt » Thu May 31, 2012 11:37 am

Trotting Zack Greinke today vs the Dodgers, though I really wish the game was at Miller Park. Kemp couldn't have re-tweaked himself at a better time, though, as a Greinke owner :-° Please be the good Zack today, you mental headcase. Where's that 'I'm Crazy for Zack Greinke' av from years ago that I know someone is still sporting? :-?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu May 31, 2012 11:45 am

I still really like Bud Norris, but I don't have the stomach to trot him out there today @COL. CarGo will eat his lunch.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby Saltydog » Thu May 31, 2012 11:50 am

Fudd, I thought with a short schedule I might be able to take a stab at this.

h0rt beat me by 10 minutes.
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 143)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu May 31, 2012 11:55 am

Saltydog wrote:Fudd, I thought with a short schedule I might be able to take a stab at this.

h0rt beat me by 10 minutes.
Anyone who wants a specific day, just post in the previous day that you'll be doing it and I'll be happy to let you go nuts :-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby silentjim » Thu May 31, 2012 11:57 am

CBMGreatOne wrote:I still really like Bud Norris, but I don't have the stomach to trot him out there today @COL. CarGo will eat his lunch.

Yeah, I'm passing on him as well I think. I'm sure if he starts walking batters they'll be followed up with homers.
silentjim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Basketball Mod
(Past Year: 76)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu May 31, 2012 12:53 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:CarGo will eat his lunch.

I don't know why, but this seems to come off as a gross sexual innuendo.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu May 31, 2012 12:55 pm

Thanks Anthony bass, thanks Ryan dempster, thanks Clayton kershaw. Appreciate you all.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby benb18a » Thu May 31, 2012 1:15 pm

Giving very serious thought to benching Greinke today. Up by two wins, still have five solid starts to go without him, and my opponent only has Hamels left. However, my last opponent got two wins out of his two relievers, and now I'm facing four closers :-?
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu May 31, 2012 1:25 pm

I literally just traded for Troy Tulowitzki yesterday afternoon just to see that he strained his groin later in the evening. I also landed Brett Lawrie in the deal as I think Tulo and Lawrie will both be top 25 hitters during the 2nd half of the season. I just hope Tulo isnt hurt too bad :(
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 433)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers