- Carlos Gonzalez is rumored to have hit not 1, not 2, but 3 different Home Runs in a single game last night. I don't believe it, as it would be the first time this feat had been successfully accomplished in MLB history, and I await ESPN, and other stat providing web sites to fix their statistical error.
- Francisco Liriano continued to be a c**k tease yesterday, like an abusive husband buying his battered wife roses after knocking her around to keep her from leaving. Next time out he allows 7 ER, beats you down, walks the entire ballpark, only to have another Ace-like performance in the middle of June, stringing you along further. It's a vicious cycle, folks.
- Justin Smoak and Jesus Montero combined for 10 RBI and 7 Runs scored in yesterday's drubbing of the Rangers, at the expense of Derek Holland, who looked like Brandon Morrow on a bad day. The similarities between the two go beyond that. Flip a coin and decide whether you're getting a CGSO of a WMD meltdown of self-destruction.
- Don't look now but Dexter Fowler's finally heating up, and not just in his double header the other day. He now has 10 Hits in his last 4 games, including 3 HR, 7 RBI and 8 Runs scored. For impatient owners who dumped him, it may be that time of year where he turns into the guy we all hope he will be each pre-season.
- Brett Lawrie's suspension has apparently lit a fire under his keister. He's hit safely in 8 straight games, finally making a ball leave the park yesterday. Dude needs to throw helmets at umpires more often.
- Lucas Duda smacked two dongs like a boss, cause that's how he gets down. The Duda abides. The Mets still lost, cause, well, they're the Mets.
Trotting Zack Greinke today vs the Dodgers, though I really wish the game was at Miller Park. Kemp couldn't have re-tweaked himself at a better time, though, as a Greinke owner Please be the good Zack today, you mental headcase. Where's that 'I'm Crazy for Zack Greinke' av from years ago that I know someone is still sporting?
Giving very serious thought to benching Greinke today. Up by two wins, still have five solid starts to go without him, and my opponent only has Hamels left. However, my last opponent got two wins out of his two relievers, and now I'm facing four closers
I literally just traded for Troy Tulowitzki yesterday afternoon just to see that he strained his groin later in the evening. I also landed Brett Lawrie in the deal as I think Tulo and Lawrie will both be top 25 hitters during the 2nd half of the season. I just hope Tulo isnt hurt too bad :(