Joyce/Scott FOR Uggla/Stubbs (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Joyce/Scott FOR Uggla/Stubbs (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Joyce/Scott FOR Uggla/Stubbs (WHIR)

Postby BUCCOFAN » Wed May 30, 2012 3:34 pm

I am in a deep 14 team league, Auction Style Fantasy Points......12 player Keeper League. Players have 3 year contracts then return into the draft/auction. We start the following weekly, (2-Catchers, 2-1B, 2-2B, 2-SS, 2-3B, 5-OF, 1-DH, (Has to qualify as a DH) and 8 pitchers) I am currently in 3rd place 100FP out and in for the long haul.....

MY CURRENT STARTING ROSTER: $salary$ (contract year)
C - M.Montero $29 (1) J.Flores $5 (1)
1B - A.Gonzalez $33 (3) E.Hosmer $8 (2)
2B - R.Weeks $15 (3) W.Rhymes $1 (1)
SS - J.Reyes $25 (2) S.Castro $8 (3)
3B - J.Bautista $1 (3) B.Lawrie $1 (2) (Bautista also qualifies @ OF)
DH - B.Butler $14 (3)
OF - A.McCutchen $30(1) M.Bourn $8(2) M.Joyce $4(1) M.Trout$9(1) L.Scott $7(1)
P - J.Lester $31(1) J.Hellickson $3(3) J.Zimmermann $5(3) T.Hudson $4(1) J.McDonald $6(1) S.Marcum $2(1) J.Hanrahan $1(2) R.Betancourt $6(1)
BN - C-R.Barajas $1(1) P-AJ.Burnett $3(1) 1B/3B-J.Pacheco $3 (1) (3 more empty roster spots gonna claim 2 guys this weekend, as Craig should return soon)
DL - C/DH-V.Martinez $8(1) OF-A.Craig $5(1) 2B-M.Ellis $1 (1) P-C.Luebke $1(2) P-B.Wilson$18(1) P-J.Niemann $5(1)
MINORS - OF-E.Thames $2(1) OF-J.Bell$1(1) P-A.Bradley$1(1)

I GET:
2B - D.Uggla $26 (1) (desperate upgrade to my 2B position with terrible performance from Weeks and current Ellis injury)
OF - D.Stubbs $2 (3) (free agent at seasons end)

HE GETS:
OF - M.Joyce $4 (1) (salary stays @ that value for 2 more years!!!)
OF/DH - L.Scott $7 (1) (nice insurance policy @ DH, and fills in my OF)

My OF takes a hit, losing 2 guys in Joyce and Scott(who is also my emergency DH), but I do get back Stubbs, (to fill in) PLUS Craig should be back this weekend. AND I can also move Bautista to the Outfield and start Pacheco at 3B if need be.

Thoughts, leave a link.
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 279)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Joyce/Scott FOR Uggla/Stubbs (WHIR)

Postby jcave24 » Wed May 30, 2012 3:39 pm

Although I hate that you have to lose Joyce at 4 dollars, sometimes you have to mortgage the future a bit to win now.

I say do it. Uggla will give you a noticeable boost over either of those guys, and Stubbs will steal at least 30 even if his average is .230 the rest of the way (a good possibility). Not to mention that Craig will fill in nicely in the outfield role vacated by those guys. Do the deal!

Help:

viewtopic.php?t=447985
jcave24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ATLbraves » Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm

I think this is a good deal for you. Joyce and Scott are both nothing special, and Uggla is a great power source at 2B. Stubbs has some nice pop and will get you a lot of SB's. This might take a small hit to your AVG tho.

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BUCCOFAN » Wed May 30, 2012 4:28 pm

Thanks.....Been offered another deal, where I would end up keeping Joyce, but not really solving my big need and thats a LEGIT 2B.

I GET:
2B/3B/OF - S.Lombardozzi $6 (1) (really like this kid production of late, question is does he lose time when Morse comes back? Davey Johnson says he is sticking with him at the top of the order.)
P - J.Beckett $17 (1)

I TRADE AWAY:

OF/DH - L.Scott $7 (1)
P - S.Marcum $2 (1)

I still prefer the first deal, (top of thread) but if Lombardozzi is legit, (anyone with info) then I do Like this one too.

Thoughts?
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker

Postby bobnerns » Wed May 30, 2012 4:55 pm

BUCCOFAN wrote:Thanks.....Been offered another deal, where I would end up keeping Joyce, but not really solving my big need and thats a LEGIT 2B.

I GET:
2B/3B/OF - S.Lombardozzi $6 (1) (really like this kid production of late, question is does he lose time when Morse comes back? Davey Johnson says he is sticking with him at the top of the order.)
P - J.Beckett $17 (1)

I TRADE AWAY:

OF/DH - L.Scott $7 (1)
P - S.Marcum $2 (1)

I still prefer the first deal, (top of thread) but if Lombardozzi is legit, (anyone with info) then I do Like this one too.

Thoughts?

I would much much rather have the first trade with Uggla and Stubbs than this one. I'd be jumping all over the first trade.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=447990
bobnerns
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby ATLbraves » Wed May 30, 2012 4:56 pm

BUCCOFAN wrote:Thanks.....Been offered another deal, where I would end up keeping Joyce, but not really solving my big need and thats a LEGIT 2B.

I GET:
P - J.Beckett $17 (1)

I TRADE AWAY:

OF/DH - L.Scott $7 (1)
P - S.Marcum $2 (1)

Thoughts?

I hate having AL East pitchers unless they are Sabathia, Shields, or David Price. So I personally would not take this deal. Plus like you stated, Lombardozzi is not guaranteed playing time when Morse comes back and he is not exactly the most proven hitter either.

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BUCCOFAN » Wed May 30, 2012 7:23 pm

Thanks or the feedback boys.
I agree about the AL East issue good point, I already own Lester too. Gonna pass on that deal

I'm just worried about my OF does it take a hit? Loss of Joyce, but I desperately need 2B help.

McCutchen/Bourn/Trout/Craig/Stubbs should still be productive for a 14 team league correct? Plus I have the option to move Bautista there too.

Thought,
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker

Postby Tony Micelli » Wed May 30, 2012 7:38 pm

BUCCOFAN wrote:Thanks or the feedback boys.
I agree about the AL East issue good point, I already own Lester too. Gonna pass on that deal

I'm just worried about my OF does it take a hit? Loss of Joyce, but I desperately need 2B help.

McCutchen/Bourn/Trout/Craig/Stubbs should still be productive for a 14 team league correct? Plus I have the option to move Bautista there too.

Thought,

I like the first deal too. Stubbs has been playing better and I like Uggla and his power numbers in this deal for you.

And yes, McCutchen, Bourn, Trout, Craig and Stubbs is pretty sick for a 14 teamer.

Help me out man?
viewtopic.php?t=447939
Remember me?

Who's the Boss?

Oh Yeah ...
Tony Micelli
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mzkp54 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:22 pm

I agree with the rest, the first deal is great for you. I would much rather have the Uggla side of it.

Lend a hand?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=448006
mzkp54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions