- As of this morning, not a single team in the East, neither NL nor AL, has a record or .500 or below. Eight teams with winning records two days shy of June. Meanwhile, 3 teams in the NL West, 4 in the NL Central, 2 in the AL West, and another 3 in the AL Central all have sub-.500 records currently. Domination, thy name is East.
- Adam Jones belted two homers, while Big Papi hit his 11th of the year last night. Oddly enough, Dyan Viciedo also hit his 11th, albeit quietly, to the point where I had to look up how to spell his name.
- Mike Moustakas now has 3 times as many HR as Brett Lawrie. Somewhere Tavish is smugly grinning while mweir works on constructing an excuse.
- As was mentioned here at the Cafe, Homer Bailey owns the Pirates. He faced them yesterday, allowing 1 run in a complete game, and gets to face them again next week. Don't be shocked with similar results.
- Other solid performances were turned in by Anibal Sanchez, Dan Haren, Jeff Samradzija, and Phil Humber. In honor of the release of MIB 3, the sequel nobody wanted to be made, Will Smith threw a Quality Start for the Royales (with cheese).
After Samardzija kept my best pitching week of the season going yesterday, today I'm gonna try and keep the trail rollin by trotting Derek Holland against Seattle. He's a -250 favorite, so hopefully he realizes that and performs accordingly. I'm sitting Tim Hudson vs St. Louis.
Anyone sitting Lester today? He has like a career 4.61 ERA (somewhere around there at least) against the Tigers and considering how horrible he's been this year albeit a few starts I'm thinking of sitting him.
"Chuck Norris has been known to throw a baseball 100 mph. I've been known to throw Chuck Norris 100 mph." - Brian Wilson