5/29 Cheering, Venting, and strikeout bonanza - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

5/29 Cheering, Venting, and strikeout bonanza

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 5/29 Cheering, Venting, and strikeout bonanza

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue May 29, 2012 5:05 pm

Camp looking for a 6 out save. In situations like these it's hard to know for sure whether the guy is the pitcher of choice in the 9th going forward or if it's just a case of a desperate team doing whatever they can to win a game (the Cubs right now). Is Marmol back in the picture now that he's off the DL or is it Camp or Russell or someone else?

Edit, looks like Russell got the call with after Camp got one out. Maybe he's the guy. I grabbed him in my league with limited RP spots where he has some serious potential.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 29, 2012 5:06 pm

After last week's misery, yesterday was the best pitching day I've had all season, and now Samardzija has followed it up with another solid performance. 7.0 IP, 8 H, 1 BB, 3 ER, 8 K, currently in line for the W if the bullpen doesn't give it away. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue May 29, 2012 5:21 pm

bigh0rt wrote:After last week's misery, yesterday was the best pitching day I've had all season, and now Samardzija has followed it up with another solid performance. 7.0 IP, 8 H, 1 BB, 3 ER, 8 K, currently in line for the W if the bullpen doesn't give it away. ;-D

Yeah, he had a 2 run lead and started the eight by allowing a single and an RBI triple. I had given up hope for the win when he was pulled with the tying run on 3rd with nobody out. Dramatic finish.

Samardzija is really becoming a useful fantasy starter.

I was in dead last in ERA and WHIP at the end of April, but I've moved into the top 4 in both in the past month thanks in large part to Sale, Samardzija, McDonald.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby footballisbetter.com » Tue May 29, 2012 5:29 pm

Rangers have signed free-agent right-hander Roy Oswalt, according to The Dallas Morning News.

Source: Dallas Morning News
May 29, 2012 / 4:35 PM EST

Will he be a starter?
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 95)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 29, 2012 5:29 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:After last week's misery, yesterday was the best pitching day I've had all season, and now Samardzija has followed it up with another solid performance. 7.0 IP, 8 H, 1 BB, 3 ER, 8 K, currently in line for the W if the bullpen doesn't give it away. ;-D

Yeah, he had a 2 run lead and started the eight by allowing a single and an RBI triple. I had given up hope for the win when he was pulled with the tying run on 3rd with nobody out. Dramatic finish.

Samardzija is really becoming a useful fantasy starter.

I was in dead last in ERA and WHIP at the end of April, but I've moved into the top 4 in both in the past month thanks in large part to Sale, Samardzija, McDonald.
As long as they each continue to keep their BB in check, they should continue doing what they've been doing. I have all 3 as well. ;-D ;-D ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue May 29, 2012 5:31 pm

Been gone for a few days because of the holiday weekend and some other things. Had kind of a rough weekend, starting with my new acquisition Brandon Morrow getting decimated Friday. !+) Also had some really REALLY ugly bullpen outings from guys like Dolis and Thayer. The good news is my offense has been raking. Tulo has finally arrived. Matt Adams is proving to be a great flier for the time being. Matt Joyce continues to mash. And I will be getting Hunter back today, hopefully Morse later this week, and Kung Fu Panda hopefully not to far after that.

I have Jarrod Parker against the Twinkies today. Hoping for my starters to get back on track.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue May 29, 2012 5:45 pm

Homer Bailey pitches tonight in Pittsburgh. if he stays on his normal pitching days he will pitch again against Pittsburgh next Tuesday at home against Pittsburgh. career against Pittsburgh- 46.1 IP, 1.94 ERA, 1.14 WHIP.

Torii Hunter returns tonight to the Angles.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue May 29, 2012 5:48 pm

I don't think there's a specific thread for Juan Carlos Oviedo. who?! you know him better as Leo Nunez, his fake name. well he was suspended by MLB for 8 weeks!
Major League Baseball has announced an eight-week suspension for Marlins reliever Juan Carlos Oviedo.
Oviedo arrived in Miami on Monday after getting a pardon from the U.S. State Department and is expected to begin working out at the Marlins' spring training complex on Tuesday. He hasn't decided whether to appeal the suspension, levied upon him for committing years of age and identity fraud. As the situation stands, Oviedo will be eligible to return to the Marlins' bullpen on July 23.

8 F'n weeks?! holy cow.
sure what he did was wrong and illegal, but 8 weeks?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby benb18a » Tue May 29, 2012 6:19 pm

Doc Halladay shut down 6-8 weeks according to Yahoo (sorry on my phone at work)
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby footballisbetter.com » Tue May 29, 2012 7:06 pm

benb18a wrote:Doc Halladay shut down 6-8 weeks according to Yahoo (sorry on my phone at work)

Jared Weaver also hit the DL, and it looks like Pedroia will be soon.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 95)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers