Adding players in Yahoo? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Adding players in Yahoo?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Adding players in Yahoo?

Postby rousea24 » Sun May 27, 2012 12:29 pm

I tried adding relief pitcher Ernesto Frieri last night and got an error. It said something along the lines of this player has already played and is no longer editable. I'm not sure if this applies to the player I'm adding or dropping but it doesn't make sense. Sometimes it lets you add guys once games have started and sometimes it doesn't. It allowed another owner to pick him up instead after I tried. I was trying to drop Grant Balfour and the other owner who got him dropped Niese from the Mets. The A's game started at 4:05 p.m. EST and the Mets started at 1:10 p.m. EST so both games had already started and finished by the time I tried adding Frieri. The Angels game started at 7:15 p.m. EST. I'm not sure if that game was over when I tried adding Frieri. The owner who successfully picked up him up at 10:12 p.m. EST. The Angels game lasted 3 hours, 7 minutes so if it started right at 7:15 p.m., the game would have been over at 10:22 p.m.

It's a bunch of crap that a player is out there as a free agent and I can't add them and then it lets someone else. On ESPN, it makes no difference whether a player has already played. You can add a player at any time and have them on your roster the next day.

What's the deal?
rousea24
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Adding players in Yahoo?

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon May 28, 2012 12:17 am

rousea24 wrote:I tried adding relief pitcher Ernesto Frieri last night and got an error. It said something along the lines of this player has already played and is no longer editable. I'm not sure if this applies to the player I'm adding or dropping but it doesn't make sense. Sometimes it lets you add guys once games have started and sometimes it doesn't. It allowed another owner to pick him up instead after I tried. I was trying to drop Grant Balfour and the other owner who got him dropped Niese from the Mets. The A's game started at 4:05 p.m. EST and the Mets started at 1:10 p.m. EST so both games had already started and finished by the time I tried adding Frieri. The Angels game started at 7:15 p.m. EST. I'm not sure if that game was over when I tried adding Frieri. The owner who successfully picked up him up at 10:12 p.m. EST. The Angels game lasted 3 hours, 7 minutes so if it started right at 7:15 p.m., the game would have been over at 10:22 p.m.

It's a bunch of crap that a player is out there as a free agent and I can't add them and then it lets someone else. On ESPN, it makes no difference whether a player has already played. You can add a player at any time and have them on your roster the next day.

What's the deal?

I strongly suspect your league has Daily - Today roster changes configured. If so, then once a player starts for the day he can't be dropped. In this case, Frieri wouldn't have been your problem; it is more likely that you were trying to drop Balfour after his game began and it didn't let you, because in a Daily - Today league, that would remove Balfour from your lineup on a day when he was already "official" for the day.

Is that it?
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 67)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner