Which Brian Giles will we see??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Which Brian Giles will we see???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Leiter Fan » Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:43 pm

sinicalypse wrote:i dont see giles being a big SB threat this year, maybe 10 tops... 15 if he runs. i dont see 20-30 tho.

30-35/100-120? hitting anywhere from .280 to .320? something like that, he was a star in pittsburgh despite having his talent wasted on some forgettable pirates dynasties over there.

15 is what he was usually good for, at least until last year. That number works fine for me. The SBs are just gravy anyway.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:48 pm

its hard to expect too many stolen bases from anyone nowadays. In Sports Illustrated, it says stealing has been on a decline due to the fact that a caught stealing can ruin the chance for a big inning. Joe Sheehan of Baseball Prospectus says
If you're stealing at less than a 75 percent success rate,your better off never stealing at all.
Only 3 teams had above 75%, and the team that lead in steals, the Marlins, wasnt one of them.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers