5/26-5/28 Cheering, Venting and Happy Memorial Day Weekend - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

5/26-5/28 Cheering, Venting and Happy Memorial Day Weekend

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 5/26-5/28 Cheering, Venting and Happy Memorial Day Weeke

Postby bigh0rt » Mon May 28, 2012 9:39 am

Mat Latos managed to match Colby Lewis yesterday in the 5 H allowed, every single one of which was a solo HR department... so it's no surprise they were both involved in a trade I made that will process today where I'm sending one for the other. Different names, but it's all the same...

Got crushed last week, surrendered my #1 spot and need a big week to restore my confidence. Trotting a quartet today, against my better judgment... Chris Sale in a rough matchup with Tampa, also hoping that the White Sox free swinging is the cure for what ails Matt Moore (hoping I get a Win out of them facing each other, without taking a Loss), as well as James McDonald against CIN, and a spot start of Matt Harrison against Seattle, who he dominated just last week -- I'd love similar results. It's rough using 40% of your allotted starts for the week on Monday, especially if they don't go well, but I've got some rough ones I'm going to want to sit later this week like Hudson vs STL and Moore vs BAL and Harrison @LAA, so I'll roll the dice on Moore once more, and see if he continues to burn me...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 361)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cream » Mon May 28, 2012 9:51 am

bigh0rt wrote:Mat Latos managed to match Colby Lewis yesterday in the 5 H allowed, every single one of which was a solo HR department... so it's no surprise they were both involved in a trade I made that will process today where I'm sending one for the other. Different names, but it's all the same...

Got crushed last week, surrendered my #1 spot and need a big week to restore my confidence. Trotting a quartet today, against my better judgment... Chris Sale in a rough matchup with Tampa, also hoping that the White Sox free swinging is the cure for what ails Matt Moore (hoping I get a Win out of them facing each other, without taking a Loss), as well as James McDonald against CIN, and a spot start of Matt Harrison against Seattle, who he dominated just last week -- I'd love similar results. It's rough using 40% of your allotted starts for the week on Monday, especially if they don't go well, but I've got some rough ones I'm going to want to sit later this week like Hudson vs STL and Moore vs BAL and Harrison @LAA, so I'll roll the dice on Moore once more, and see if he continues to burn me...

I'm rolling Moore out there today along with Marcum, Niese, and Wandy... I'm a little bummed you mentioned Hudson's start v. STL. I'm in a weekly league and need to set my lineup by 1:00. I'm wavering between him, Paulino (v. Oak) and Volquez (v. ARI) at my last 2 SP slots.. :-P
Cream
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 24)

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon May 28, 2012 10:45 am

According to CSNPhilly.com, Roy Halladay's sore shoulder ''isn't a new issue.''
"Yeah, it's been an issue," pitching coach Rich Dubee said. "It's been there. It's been lingering. Some days it's better than others." Halladay is not currently scheduled for an MRI, but will be re-evaluated next week. He allowed two singles, a walk and a grand slam to Yadier Molina on Sunday before exiting. May 27 - 8:32 PM
Source: CSNPhilly.com

:-P

Just get him on the DL right now, this version of Doc is useless. There's nothing worse than guys playing hurt and sucking it up because their bonehead coaches won't tell them to sit and get healthy.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon May 28, 2012 11:48 am

it looks like there will be an outfielder activated to play in the Cubs game today, Padres outfielder Carlos Quentin coming off the DL.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 93)

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Mon May 28, 2012 12:29 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
According to CSNPhilly.com, Roy Halladay's sore shoulder ''isn't a new issue.''
"Yeah, it's been an issue," pitching coach Rich Dubee said. "It's been there. It's been lingering. Some days it's better than others." Halladay is not currently scheduled for an MRI, but will be re-evaluated next week. He allowed two singles, a walk and a grand slam to Yadier Molina on Sunday before exiting. May 27 - 8:32 PM
Source: CSNPhilly.com

:-P

Just get him on the DL right now, this version of Doc is useless. There's nothing worse than guys playing hurt and sucking it up because their bonehead coaches won't tell them to sit and get healthy.

Those bonehead coaches have to answer to the owner, if they make a decision about sitting the star player without the player's and/or the team doctor's request.
If the team Doc and Halladay Doc sais good to go, than the bonehead coaches dont really have a decision to make.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bayside » Mon May 28, 2012 1:43 pm

why does Hanson suck now?
hes been pretty hittable and hasnt been striking out nearly as many batters as last year. His K rate is down from 26% to just 20% this year.
And his BB/9 is at a career high.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon May 28, 2012 1:52 pm

Syfo-Dyas wrote:Those bonehead coaches have to answer to the owner, if they make a decision about sitting the star player without the player's and/or the team doctor's request.
If the team Doc and Halladay Doc sais good to go, than the bonehead coaches dont really have a decision to make.

I'm aware of the process, thanks, but speaking from a fantasy perspective, it doesn't do us any favors to watch him labor with low velocity and lackluster command that's likely being driven by the sore shoulder. It would be nice if they could skip his turn in the rotation when Worley gets back, he clearly needs rest.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Mon May 28, 2012 1:57 pm

bayside wrote:why does Hanson suck now?
hes been pretty hittable and hasnt been striking out nearly as many batters as last year. His K rate is down from 26% to just 20% this year.
And his BB/9 is at a career high.

probably it's the effect of changing delivery.

... it was a positive outing for his new delivery. He told the AJC's Dave O'Brien afterwards that he needs to work on the release point of his curveball and his delivery with runners on second base.
Mar 21 - 4:37 PM
the awesome sig by soty

Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Mon May 28, 2012 2:01 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
Syfo-Dyas wrote:Those bonehead coaches have to answer to the owner, if they make a decision about sitting the star player without the player's and/or the team doctor's request.

I'm aware of the process, thanks, but speaking from a fantasy perspective, it doesn't do us any favors to watch him labor with low velocity and lackluster command that's likely being driven by the sore shoulder. It would be nice if they could skip his turn in the rotation when Worley gets back, he clearly needs rest.

Im pretty sure that if this problem lingers longer, than they will get him some rest one way or another.
the awesome sig by soty

Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bayside » Mon May 28, 2012 2:04 pm

Braves defense is doing everything possible to blow up Hanson
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext