Funston's (RJforlife's) Big Board - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Funston's (RJforlife's) Big Board

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Funston's (RJforlife's) Big Board

Postby NikkiSixx » Sun May 27, 2012 11:30 am

Ender wrote:I sent one. I'm not a big believer in buying into 2 months of stats so mine wasn't way too different than my preseason list. Some people moved up or down quite a bit but you won't find the Reddick's of the world on it or anything.

Josh Reddick has been amazing and I think he deserves some credit for what he's done.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Sun May 27, 2012 2:50 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:
Ender wrote:I sent one. I'm not a big believer in buying into 2 months of stats so mine wasn't way too different than my preseason list. Some people moved up or down quite a bit but you won't find the Reddick's of the world on it or anything.

Josh Reddick has been amazing and I think he deserves some credit for what he's done.

I'm sure he does but if we were drafting today I still wouldn't take him in the top 50, it is just so unlikely he keeps it up. Strasburg just barely made my top 50 which I'm sure will disagree with most as well but there is no way he is going 200 innings so he just doesn't have enough innings left to be much above the 40s. This is why you get a range of people though since others will disagree.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby rjforlife » Sun May 27, 2012 6:36 pm

That's why I love the big board because as the season wears on, those guys ranked lower pre-season start to creep up the lists as they continue to perform or flop in the 2nd half. Thanks to the submitters so far, we have a good base here, and any more submissions tonight are more than welcome. I'll be up late tonight/early tomorrow working it out so feel free to submit all night.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Postby NikkiSixx » Sun May 27, 2012 7:55 pm

Ender wrote:
NikkiSixx wrote:

I'm sure he does but if we were drafting today I still wouldn't take him in the top 50, it is just so unlikely he keeps it up. Strasburg just barely made my top 50 which I'm sure will disagree with most as well but there is no way he is going 200 innings so he just doesn't have enough innings left to be much above the 40s. This is why you get a range of people though since others will disagree.

I had Strasburg right at 50, I don't think he can go much higher than that with all this talk of an innings limit.

As for Reddick... I think there is a solid chance he is a top 50 player this year. .270 30/15 is totally realistic I think and I'm gonna at least mention him on there until he gives me a reason not to.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ender » Mon May 28, 2012 4:48 am

I think there is a decent shot he ends up top 50 because of the hot start, I don't think he is top 50 from this point on I guess is the big difference for me. Just seems like the case of a player who had a really hot month, I have to see him sustain it for at least another full month to buy into it at all.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby J35J » Mon May 28, 2012 12:06 pm

Ender wrote:I think there is a decent shot he ends up top 50 because of the hot start, I don't think he is top 50 from this point on I guess is the big difference for me. Just seems like the case of a player who had a really hot month, I have to see him sustain it for at least another full month to buy into it at all.

Agreed.

Sorry didn't get my list done...I'll try to get it done for next Monday's board though.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 393)

Postby NikkiSixx » Mon May 28, 2012 7:58 pm

Are they gonna be put up tonight? I want to see other big boards and compare them to mine.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rjforlife » Mon May 28, 2012 8:05 pm

It's being reviewed and tidied up right now, and Salty is working on the spreadsheet where all the lists will be displayed.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Saltydog » Mon May 28, 2012 9:10 pm

I will have the "Big Board" posted tomorrow morning.

There has to be a way to weight the rankings so someone who only get's put on a list once doesn't get "averaged" into an overall Top 50.

I'm going to say that anyone that submits a Top 50, all players not listed will be given a ranking of 51 to reflect their omission from the list.
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 142)

Postby rjforlife » Mon May 28, 2012 9:36 pm

Salty- The mathematical abnormalities are avoided easily by not doing the board strictly with math. I am using my lesser human brain to distinguish when someone doesn't belong exactly where the rankings say, like if they are omitted from a list when they are in everyone else's top 10 or something like that.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers