There goes Curt Schilling's political career... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

There goes Curt Schilling's political career...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

There goes Curt Schilling's political career...

Postby bleach168 » Fri May 25, 2012 2:27 am

"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: There goes Curt Schilling's political career...

Postby Frenchiegangsta9 » Fri May 25, 2012 7:05 am

Its part of their ego that if they are great at whatever sport they play that they will be great at whatever else in life they attempt to do. Michael Jordan is a classic example of this, greatest basketball player ever but played baseball like I might at the minor league level. Brings a little humility to guys who can throw 100 mph but couldnt log in to their email account.

I admire Derek Jeter for being one of the greatest baseball players of all time but if he aint on the playing field, then I'm not impressed by him. I'm sure most of you remember his SNL appearance.
Frenchiegangsta9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 15)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri May 25, 2012 11:00 am

Besides arrogance, I'd say boredom and/or having too many "friends" whispering crap in their ears.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby converge241 » Fri May 25, 2012 11:04 am

Frenchiegangsta9 wrote:Its part of their ego that if they are great at whatever sport they play that they will be great at whatever else in life they attempt to do. Michael Jordan is a classic example of this, greatest basketball player ever but played baseball like I might at the minor league level. Brings a little humility to guys who can throw 100 mph but couldnt log in to their email account.

I admire Derek Jeter for being one of the greatest baseball players of all time but if he aint on the playing field, then I'm not impressed by him. I'm sure most of you remember his SNL appearance.

Thought that was going to lead to Michael Jordan's steakhouse/and or his gambling :)

Lenny Dykstra could tell everyone all about this topic (athrlete failing in the business world)
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby Frenchiegangsta9 » Fri May 25, 2012 11:20 am

converge241 wrote:
Frenchiegangsta9 wrote:Its part of their ego that if they are great at whatever sport they play that they will be great at whatever else in life they attempt to do. Michael Jordan is a classic example of this, greatest basketball player ever but played baseball like I might at the minor league level. Brings a little humility to guys who can throw 100 mph but couldnt log in to their email account.

Thought that was going to lead to Michael Jordan's steakhouse/and or his gambling :)

Lenny Dykstra could tell everyone all about this topic (athrlete failing in the business world)

MJ's gambling habits are legendary. The guy has plenty of money to throw around so he can afford to do so but eventually you have to think it might catch up to him.
Frenchiegangsta9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 15)

Return to Baseball Leftovers