Yahoo player yellow flag pop-up page. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo player yellow flag pop-up page.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo player yellow flag pop-up page.

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu May 24, 2012 4:49 am

Genie, could we have some useful information under the yellow flag pop-up for players?

right now it shows date and opponent, which are both fine but it shows the game score and who won. instead of that last bit of info, could we have the player's performance for that game instead? kinda like how ESPN has it? this makes it so that we don't have to open up the player page and go to see how their last few games' performance has been. so basically, a recent game log would be nice instead.

pretty please?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo player yellow flag pop-up page.

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu May 24, 2012 7:48 am

I have to agree.
for an offensive player it's useless to know opponent and who won the game.
Billy Butler for example. last game played - May 23 ^@NYY L 8-3. what good is that for Butler?
it would be great if you could have the information from an offensive players page like - AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS, but I don't think you could fit all that in the box on the left. so maybe it could just be the same stats that you see on your fantasy page? like - H/AB R HR RBI SB.

while I'm here maybe I could also discuss the players rankings like O Rank and % Owned. more specifically how these are the only things that show up when you first click the link the propose a trade. you see.. O Rank (blank Rank) % Owned. % Owned is so flawed it's ridiculous, it's flawed because there are already leagues out there where people don't pay attention to their leagues. look at these % Owned numbers for players who are already done for the season. Mariano Rivera 26%, Brian Wilson 18%, Ryan Madsen 9%. it really sucks when you propose a trade in a league where the other owner comments on the % Owned as if that means something.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Skin Blues » Thu May 24, 2012 8:25 am

Yeah that pop-up information is horribly useless. Compare it to ESPN where you can see a game log for the past two weeks with all of the 5x5 stats listed as well as K/BB/IP for pitchers, full season stats, when the player was added and for how much auction/FAAB dollars, when their next game is and who it's against (for starting pitchers it shows their next scheduled start), etc. Extremely well done. This is pretty simple stuff but for some reason all Yahoo gives is an enormous view of the O-Rank, % Owned, a comparison of a single stat to the league average and league leader in the form of a bar chart (seriously - why?), and a game log that only tells me what team they played against and who won the game. All of that information is essentially useless. If the format can be improved to something along the lines of ESPN where it is jam packed with useful information, it would make the experience much, much better. I imagine thsi will elicit a response about how the providers only allow such and such a way to present data, yada yada yada...
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu May 24, 2012 9:31 am

Honestly this is one of the things I absolutely love most about ESPN. If Yahoo were to fashion their player clicks similarly, I think I'd be much more likely to switch back, considering what else they have to offer. I can't tell you how many times I click my player's name to see that pop up box with the 2-week breakdown.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu May 24, 2012 2:43 pm

good to see others wanting this changed. this has been something i've expressed changed of since they first implemented the player popup.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Thu May 24, 2012 3:53 pm

There was a discussion about this couple of years ago, but nothings changed.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:59 pm

genie...
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Element » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:27 pm

I agree. CBS has had the best player clicks for a while. This is my first season doing a league on ESPN and they are very similar. As a whole, I still prefer Yahoo, but the individual information like being inquired about here isn't very useful. In fact, I rarely use it at all other than to read a quick blurb about a player.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 713)

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:30 am

Yeah I generally only want a red asterisk if my player gets hurt.
Too many times I've clicked and "Player X hit a home run".........no kidding update guy! :-b
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Return to Baseball Leftovers