5/23 Cheering, Venting, & The Return of the King? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

5/23 Cheering, Venting, & The Return of the King?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jcook3127 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:05 am

- Don't call it a comeback: In his last 8 games, Albert Pujols is 9 for 32 (.281), with 3 HR and 8 RBI and that good old familiar 1:1 BB/K ratio. I'm quickly reminded of that scene from Little Big League where Mack says to Billy Haywood "Son, don't you think there's something wrong when you get this excited over a seeing-eye-single?" But deep down, I can feel it, this is the start. By the break we won't realize there was an imposter batting third for the Angels for 7 weeks. Lets go!!!!

- I traded for Lincecum last night. God speed to me.

- They're not saying Yoooooooooouuk: Kevin Youkilis returned to action last night and hit a home run in his second at bat. Great sign. Maybe more important to fantasy owners..Will Middlebrooks looks like he will continue to see full time at bats, and if your OF is getting a little thin, Agonz is only a few more games away from helping in yahoo!

- So last night Michael Bourn hit 2 home runs, 12.5% of his career output. Matt Cain got six runs of support as well..just your standard Tuesday

- Well played, Dr. Andrews: Adam Wainwright with a 4 hitter at Busch last night, blanking the Padres and also striking out a batter per inning. Wainwright starting to round into form, great sign for his owners.

Wednesday's Matchups

Boston Red Sox @ Baltimore Orioles
Daniel Bard (3-5, INF) vs Jake Arrieta (2-4, 4.72)

NY Mets @ Pittsburgh Pirates
Jon Niese (2-2, 4.85) vs Charlie Morton (2-4, 4.35)

San Francisco Giants at Milwaukee Brewers
Barry Zito (3-1, 3.00) vs Marco Estrada (0-3, 4.63)

Toronto Blue Jays @ Tampa Bay Rays
Ricky Romero (5-1, 3.64) vs Matt Moore (1-4, 5.07)

LA Angels @ Oakland Athletics
Jered Weaver (6-1, 2.80) vs Jarrod Parker (1-2, 3.90)

Texas Rangers @ Seattle Mariners
Scott Feldman (0-1, 3.00) vs Kevin Millwood (wow good for him, 2-4, 4.17)

Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland Indians
Doug Fister (0-2, 1.59) vs Zach McAllister (Who Cares, N/A)

KC Royals @ NY Yankees
Will Smith (0-0, 0.00) vs Andy Pettitte (1-1, 2.51)

Washington Nationals @ Philadelphia Phillies
Edwin Jackson (1-1, 3.31) vs Cole Hamels (6-1, 2.48)

Atlanta Braves @ Cincinnati Reds
Tommy Hanson (5-3, 3.31) vs Bronson Arroyo (2-2, 3.46)

Colorado Rockies @ Miami Marlins
Alex White (0-3, 5.09) vs Carlos Zambrano (2-2, 1.96)

Chicago Cubs @ Houston Astros
Jeff Samardzija (4-2, 3.00) vs Wandy Rodriguez (3-4, 2.24)

Minnesota Twins @ Chicago White Sox
Scott Diamond (3-0, 1.40) vs Chris Sale (4-2, 2.91)

San Diego Padres @ St. Louis Cardinals
Jeff Suppan (2-2, 3.00) vs Lance Lynn (6-1, 2.31)

LA Dodgers @ Arizona Diamondbacks
Ted Lilly (5-0, 1.79) vs Joe Saunders (2-3, 3.55)

I know this might be a little early, but I saw BH's cry for help and thought I'd do my part. Oh and if you don't want to have your Wednesday blown up, Sit Lilly down tonight. That ERA is going to start correcting itself tonight. Consider yourself warned!!
Why don't they just get a house that's already painted?
jcook3127
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 5/23 Cheering, Venting, & The Return of the King?

Postby benb18a » Wed May 23, 2012 2:23 am

wait wait wait wait, that was six runs of support off the Brewers; it really was just your standard Tuesday :-b
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Wed May 23, 2012 7:24 am

Of course the day I type something up the night before :-b Thanks jcook ;-D ;-D

- Brian Matusz continued his Cy Young campaign Tuesday, fanning 9 Bo Sox over 6.1 innings, en route to a Win in Baltimore.

- Robert Alan Dickey out-dueled James McDonald in Pittsburgh, striking out a career high 11 Bucs (McDonald has 8 of his own) to even the series at a game apiece between the Mets and Pirates.

- Latos posted his fourth consecutive non-horrible start. His owners' patience was tested early and often this season, but he's seemed to have settled as May has droned on, and should continue trending in the right direction.

- Michael Bourn hit 2 HR. I repeat Michael Bourn hit 2 HR. It is unclear whether one or both of them actually exited the stadium, or if he just hit lazy grounders down the third base line and hoofed it around the bases, but... Michael Bourn hit 2 HR. His season total now sits at ... 3.

- Brandon Phillips also broke his string of sucktitude, belting 2 HR of his own. He's really struggled being sandwiched between Joey Votto and Jay Bruce this season, probably because he really doesn't belong there.

- Justin Morneau took a brief break from DL stints to hit a Home Run Tuesday night as well. O/U on his next trip to the DL stands at 11 days.

- Carlos Pena belted a homer as well... while batting lead off for the Rays. Oh Joe Maddon, you dog, you. Teammate Luke Scott hit one of his own too, from the heart of the order.

- After hitting just 2 HR in April, Ian Desmond has smashed 6 thus far in May, riding an incredible hot streak and upping his ownership by nearly 30% in ESPN leagues over that span.

- Buster Posey hit a HR and drove in 3, while GiantsFan14 silently pleasured himself to the hitting performance/complained about the current state of catchers blocking the plate.*

*Unconfirmed
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed May 23, 2012 7:26 am

Trotting a trio of trouble today (Alliteration Level: BOSS) in Chris Sale vsMIN, Ricky Ricardo Romero @TB, and Jeff Samardzija @HOU. After Moore's egg and Old McDonald's excellent performance last night, I'm just hoping that 2 outta 3 ain't bad here.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Skin Blues » Wed May 23, 2012 7:52 am

Sale and Samardzija should be a lock for 14 Ks and 2 W, I would think. I'm really regretting not buying in on Samardzija earlier. Never would have thought his control would hold up this well.

I have Pettitte/Lilly/Hanson in my main league, which I'm absolutely destroying, but am projected to go over the innings limit by 150 IP. I feel like I should be benching Lilly more often to stay closer to the cap but he keeps working his magic somehow. I'll probably leave Pettitte on the bench even after his gem last time and roll with Hanson and Lilly. Really don't like the declining K rates on my Braves pitchers though... seems the new philosophy is pitch to contact, and it's gonna hurt Beachy and Hanson's value. They're on pace to finish almost 90 Ks below what I had them projected for :-o
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 134)

Postby saemick » Wed May 23, 2012 8:44 am

So far after 2 days in my H2H league I have:

4 Wins, 2 Saves, 30 K’s, 1.50 ERA, 1.13 WHIP, 4 QS… and I’m losing every one of those categories!!

So, now I’m looking for a spot starter today. Thoughts on:

Pettitte vs. KC
Feldman @ SEA
Estrada vs. SF
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed May 23, 2012 9:20 am

I'm not sure where to ask this, so I guess this is good.
we all know of rotoworld which updates players in the major league. is there something similar which has regular player updates from players in the minor leagues?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed May 23, 2012 9:20 am

saemick wrote:So far after 2 days in my H2H league I have:

4 Wins, 2 Saves, 30 K’s, 1.50 ERA, 1.13 WHIP, 4 QS… and I’m losing every one of those categories!!

So, now I’m looking for a spot starter today. Thoughts on:

Pettitte vs. KC
Feldman @ SEA
Estrada vs. SF
From what I recall Feldman is a huge favorite, so he probably provides you with your best opportunity for a Win, though what else he does, God knows.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed May 23, 2012 10:27 am

I was actually about to vote for jcook for best write up of the day.. Right up until that gf crack, that put h0rt over the top.

The twins suck.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 169)

Postby rjforlife » Wed May 23, 2012 10:48 am

lastingsgriller wrote:I was actually about to vote for jcook for best write up of the day.

Yea but Cooksy just stole the wonderful form that Hort has expertly crafted over these 7 weeks. Just kidding, nice work Cook, hows the air in that paper bag btw?
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers