trade offer for Pujols - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

trade offer for Pujols

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

trade offer for Pujols

Postby sledge4 » Tue May 22, 2012 9:06 am

10-team, 5x5 roto (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG / K, W, SV, ERA, WHIP), mixed league, non-keeper

I've been offered Hamels, Matt Moore & Heyward for Pujols and Trout.

Experts are saying to get Moore low if you can. I could also potentially get Cain in place of Hamels and he also offered me a 2nd deal with Kershaw in place of Hamels for Votto in place of Pujols. I rejected that deal thinking I can't move Votto.

My team has been hitting well in May after a slow April, and it's just the opposite for pitching. For the month of May i'm near the bottom in every category, really bad in WHIP.

My concern is my OF is pretty weak and thus while Trout is hot now, will he stay like that. I'm tired of waiting for Pujols to come around. I feel I can cut Dirks, Davis, Billingsley to clear the spot.

Thoughts? Thanks!!

My Roster
C: McCann
1b: Pujols
2b: Rodriquez (Sean)
3b: Wright
Ss: Desmond
2b/Ss: Hardy
1b/3b: Votto
OF: Gordon, Hart, Cabrera, Dirks, Trout
Util/Bench: Davis (Ike), Cespedes (DL), Morneau, Utley (DL) ** Rotate these players at Utility

Pitchers
SP: King Felix, CJ Wilson, Santana, McCarthy (DL), Billingsley, Hansen (Tommy), Garcia (Jamie)
RP: Valverde, Kimbrel, Dolis, Hernandez (David), Storen (DL)
sledge4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: trade offer for Pujols

Postby ahcryky » Tue May 22, 2012 9:34 am

I don't like this trade at all. Pujols will turn it around. Your hitting as you said is doing fine even without him. I see Trout to keep up what he's doing, and will outperform Heyward. So, in my book, you are giving up too much here. And there is no way I give up Votto in the other deal. If you're buying into Moore, then you should be able to buy him low and not have to give up a Pujols or Votto in a package deal to get him.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sledge4 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:22 am

ahcryky wrote:I don't like this trade at all. Pujols will turn it around. Your hitting as you said is doing fine even without him.

That's why I thought I could move him to improve my pitching since the offense was performing well without him.
sledge4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jcook3127 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:26 am

I don't like it mostly because you have to include Trout, who might carry more value than M. Moore the rest of the way..

If it was just Hamels and Moore for Pujols I could maybe understand your thinking but I think you have some quality arms already and wouldn't give Albert up for that..

I love the idea of buying low on Matt Moore though..perhaps you could trade Trout and Billingsley for him..I'd like that better for you
Why don't they just get a house that's already painted?
jcook3127
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sledge4 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:34 am

What if I did Pujols for Moore/Hamels?
sledge4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor