Wil Myers Watch - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wil Myers Watch

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Wil Myers Watch

Postby Tavish » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:48 am

silverZ wrote:Apologies if this has already been answer; does service time still play a factor in Myers' call up? If not I can't imagine a scenario where Franky isn't traded and Myers isn't up by the deadline...

Service time isn't an issue.

I can't imagine a scenario where anyone would trade for Frenchy. He has been downright horrible in just about every aspect of baseball this season and is still under contract for next year. If Myers is going to get any playing time in the majors before September the most likely scenario is either Frenchy getting hurt or getting benched.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:09 pm

Tavish wrote:
silverZ wrote:Apologies if this has already been answer; does service time still play a factor in Myers' call up? If not I can't imagine a scenario where Franky isn't traded and Myers isn't up by the deadline...

Service time isn't an issue.

I can't imagine a scenario where anyone would trade for Frenchy. He has been downright horrible in just about every aspect of baseball this season and is still under contract for next year. If Myers is going to get any playing time in the majors before September the most likely scenario is either Frenchy getting hurt or getting benched.

Yup, KC will never eat a bunch of salary either so that's not going to help. I'd be surprised if they actually bench him too, though it would be the right thing to do. I'm betting Myers is just a Sept callup if they can't find a deal to make. Odorizzi will likely only be a Sept callup as well.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby kab21 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:38 pm

It's kind of pitiful that it's not obvious that Frenchy shouldn't be starting anywhere. They aren't going to be able to build up his trade value because he's been crappy for quite awhile.

kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby Tavish » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:51 pm

J35J wrote:Yup, KC will never eat a bunch of salary either so that's not going to help. I'd be surprised if they actually bench him too, though it would be the right thing to do. I'm betting Myers is just a Sept callup if they can't find a deal to make. Odorizzi will likely only be a Sept callup as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point (assuming Frenchy continues to struggle and Myers continues to rake) that they make the call and sit Frenchy. It likely wouldn't be an outright benching, but enough to get Myers 2-3 days a week in RF. If his defense is adequate enough he could get another day of ABs in CF.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter

Postby J35J » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:04 pm

Tavish wrote:
J35J wrote:Yup, KC will never eat a bunch of salary either so that's not going to help. I'd be surprised if they actually bench him too, though it would be the right thing to do. I'm betting Myers is just a Sept callup if they can't find a deal to make. Odorizzi will likely only be a Sept callup as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point (assuming Frenchy continues to struggle and Myers continues to rake) that they make the call and sit Frenchy. It likely wouldn't be an outright benching, but enough to get Myers 2-3 days a week in RF. If his defense is adequate enough he could get another day of ABs in CF.

I hope you are right but I'm certainly not going to expect it.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby silverZ » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:59 pm

Tavish wrote:

I can't imagine a scenario where anyone would trade for Frenchy.

That's how I used to feel about Vernon Wells...maybe the Tigers are desperate enough to eat some of his contract?
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby The_Show » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:35 pm

Myers has been struggling in the 2nd half so far hitting 0.179 and is 2 for his last 20. Does this recent struggle deter KC from trying to move Francoeur? Last I've heard, the Indians and Pirates have had some interest but haven't heard anything since.

Also there's been a whisper the Yankees could make a run at Gordon to replace Gardner. Gordon has been having a good year tied in the AL for doubles, but apparently KC is desperate for SP after the Jonathan Sanchez debacle.

EDIT: Well with NYY getting Ichiro, it's safe to say they won't be pursuing Gordon.
The_Show
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby converge241 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:03 pm

Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tweets that Jonathan Broxton, Jose Mijares, Yuniesky Betancourt, and Jeff Francoeur have all been made available by the Royals.

MLBTR^
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Postby Tavish » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:46 pm

converge241 wrote:
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tweets that Jonathan Broxton, Jose Mijares, Yuniesky Betancourt, and Jeff Francoeur have all been made available by the Royals.

MLBTR^

And by "made available" they mean, take them please.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby BigZ38 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:04 pm

So whats the Royals plan now?
BigZ38
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers