Wil Myers Watch - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wil Myers Watch

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Wil Myers Watch

Postby Saltydog » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:16 pm

I'm tired of waiting.

Picked up Myers yesterday and figured why not. I'm comfortable in 2nd and looking for cheap commodities for the stretch run.
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 142)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kab21 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:46 pm

dannahann wrote:
Element wrote:I'm going to go with Option 1 ... unless Dayton Moore's stiffy for Frenchy somehow keeps him on the roster.

As a KC fan, that's my hope. I noticed your affinity to the Dodgers. Given their slide without Kemp, Ethier's recent oblique injury, and the way the Giants and D-Backs roared back in the division, I would think the Dodgers might be checking on Francoer's availability.

Don't teams usually check on the availability of good players? why trade for another Juan Rivera when you already have one?

imo KC is stuck with Frenchy unless they pretty much pay his entire salary (including 2013) and take a mediocre prospect. They are just waiting for Myers to be well clear of the super 2 deadline. It sucks to wait though.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 187)

Postby Izenhart » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:22 pm

Saltydog wrote:I'm tired of waiting.

Picked up Myers yesterday and figured why not. I'm comfortable in 2nd and looking for cheap commodities for the stretch run.

I picked him up a week ago. not for his C elig but for the OF he will have. My C is Mauer in a BA/OBP league that counts K's against so he's a stud. My OF is a 3 way revolving door of who's hot on the FA market.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 301)

Postby RyeWhiskey » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:29 pm

kab21 wrote:
dannahann wrote:
Element wrote:I'm going to go with Option 1 ... unless Dayton Moore's stiffy for Frenchy somehow keeps him on the roster.

As a KC fan, that's my hope. I noticed your affinity to the Dodgers. Given their slide without Kemp, Ethier's recent oblique injury, and the way the Giants and D-Backs roared back in the division, I would think the Dodgers might be checking on Francoer's availability.

Don't teams usually check on the availability of good players? why trade for another Juan Rivera when you already have one?

imo KC is stuck with Frenchy unless they pretty much pay his entire salary (including 2013) and take a mediocre prospect. They are just waiting for Myers to be well clear of the super 2 deadline. It sucks to wait though.

When is Myers clear of the super 2 deadline? Should I just be thinking mid-July for the earliest possible call-up?
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wazzeus » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:27 pm

AngryMonkey wrote:When is Myers clear of the super 2 deadline? Should I just be thinking mid-July for the earliest possible call-up?

Right around the break, I believe, or just after.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wazzeus » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:52 pm

Hit his 14th Triple-A homer today, surpassing the 13 he had hit earlier this year at Double-A.

Anytime now, Royals.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby silverZ » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:38 pm

Still waiting...
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:45 pm

Courtesy of FanGraphs:
Now (Lorenzo) Cain’s return has more of an impact than just saying goodbye to Jarrod Dyson until September. His return also means that the promotion of Wil Myers, something everyone has been clamoring for, is on hold indefinitely. The team has already said that they will not bring Myers up unless he has the opportunity to play every day. With Cain taking over centerfield, Alex Gordon and Jeff Francoeur handling the corners and Jason Bourgeois holding down the fourth outfielder responsibilities, there’s just no room for Myers to play regularly, regardless of how well he is hitting in Omaha. Fantasy owners that have Myers stashed will simply have to wait patiently and hope that the team can find a way to pawn off Francoeur. The market for him right now is not strong, but perhaps when we’re a little closer to the trade deadline, some contending team will be looking for a right-handed bat to come off the bench. For now though, he will continue to patrol right field.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby Izenhart » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:40 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Courtesy of FanGraphs:
With Cain taking over centerfield, Alex Gordon and Jeff Francoeur handling the corners and Jason Bourgeois holding down the fourth outfielder responsibilities, there’s just no room for Myers to play regularly.
[/quote]

LOL. Myers is probably the best hitter of the four, why don't they call a spade a spade and just say they are shopping Francoeur and need him starting to get value for him in return, before handing Myers the FT gig.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 301)

Postby silverZ » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:06 am

Izenhart wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Courtesy of FanGraphs:
With Cain taking over centerfield, Alex Gordon and Jeff Francoeur handling the corners and Jason Bourgeois holding down the fourth outfielder responsibilities, there’s just no room for Myers to play regularly.

LOL. Myers is probably the best hitter of the four, why don't they call a spade a spade and just say they are shopping Francoeur and need him starting to get value for him in return, before handing Myers the FT gig.[/quote]

Apologies if this has already been answer; does service time still play a factor in Myers' call up? If not I can't imagine a scenario where Franky isn't traded and Myers isn't up by the deadline...
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers