Wil Myers Watch - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wil Myers Watch

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Wil Myers Watch

Postby Saltydog » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:16 pm

I'm tired of waiting.

Picked up Myers yesterday and figured why not. I'm comfortable in 2nd and looking for cheap commodities for the stretch run.
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 760
(Past Year: 142)
Joined: 4 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wil Myers Watch

Postby kab21 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:46 pm

dannahann wrote:
Element wrote:I'm going to go with Option 1 ... unless Dayton Moore's stiffy for Frenchy somehow keeps him on the roster.

As a KC fan, that's my hope. I noticed your affinity to the Dodgers. Given their slide without Kemp, Ethier's recent oblique injury, and the way the Giants and D-Backs roared back in the division, I would think the Dodgers might be checking on Francoer's availability.


Don't teams usually check on the availability of good players? why trade for another Juan Rivera when you already have one?

imo KC is stuck with Frenchy unless they pretty much pay his entire salary (including 2013) and take a mediocre prospect. They are just waiting for Myers to be well clear of the super 2 deadline. It sucks to wait though.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 5317
(Past Year: 187)
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wil Myers Watch

Postby Izenhart » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:22 pm

Saltydog wrote:I'm tired of waiting.

Picked up Myers yesterday and figured why not. I'm comfortable in 2nd and looking for cheap commodities for the stretch run.


I picked him up a week ago. not for his C elig but for the OF he will have. My C is Mauer in a BA/OBP league that counts K's against so he's a stud. My OF is a 3 way revolving door of who's hot on the FA market.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1605
(Past Year: 301)
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Big Papiville

Re: Wil Myers Watch

Postby RyeWhiskey » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:29 pm

kab21 wrote:
dannahann wrote:
Element wrote:I'm going to go with Option 1 ... unless Dayton Moore's stiffy for Frenchy somehow keeps him on the roster.

As a KC fan, that's my hope. I noticed your affinity to the Dodgers. Given their slide without Kemp, Ethier's recent oblique injury, and the way the Giants and D-Backs roared back in the division, I would think the Dodgers might be checking on Francoer's availability.


Don't teams usually check on the availability of good players? why trade for another Juan Rivera when you already have one?

imo KC is stuck with Frenchy unless they pretty much pay his entire salary (including 2013) and take a mediocre prospect. They are just waiting for Myers to be well clear of the super 2 deadline. It sucks to wait though.


When is Myers clear of the super 2 deadline? Should I just be thinking mid-July for the earliest possible call-up?
Image
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1552
Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wil Myers Watch

Postby wazzeus » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:27 pm

AngryMonkey wrote:When is Myers clear of the super 2 deadline? Should I just be thinking mid-July for the earliest possible call-up?


Right around the break, I believe, or just after.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 535
Joined: 2 Apr 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wil Myers Watch

Postby wazzeus » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:52 pm

Hit his 14th Triple-A homer today, surpassing the 13 he had hit earlier this year at Double-A.

Anytime now, Royals.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 535
Joined: 2 Apr 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wil Myers Watch

Postby silverZ » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:38 pm

Still waiting...
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2962
(Past Year: 73)
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Wil Myers Watch

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:45 pm

Courtesy of FanGraphs:
Now (Lorenzo) Cain’s return has more of an impact than just saying goodbye to Jarrod Dyson until September. His return also means that the promotion of Wil Myers, something everyone has been clamoring for, is on hold indefinitely. The team has already said that they will not bring Myers up unless he has the opportunity to play every day. With Cain taking over centerfield, Alex Gordon and Jeff Francoeur handling the corners and Jason Bourgeois holding down the fourth outfielder responsibilities, there’s just no room for Myers to play regularly, regardless of how well he is hitting in Omaha. Fantasy owners that have Myers stashed will simply have to wait patiently and hope that the team can find a way to pawn off Francoeur. The market for him right now is not strong, but perhaps when we’re a little closer to the trade deadline, some contending team will be looking for a right-handed bat to come off the bench. For now though, he will continue to patrol right field.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24802
(Past Year: 388)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Wil Myers Watch

Postby Izenhart » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:40 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Courtesy of FanGraphs:
With Cain taking over centerfield, Alex Gordon and Jeff Francoeur handling the corners and Jason Bourgeois holding down the fourth outfielder responsibilities, there’s just no room for Myers to play regularly.
[/quote]

LOL. Myers is probably the best hitter of the four, why don't they call a spade a spade and just say they are shopping Francoeur and need him starting to get value for him in return, before handing Myers the FT gig.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1605
(Past Year: 301)
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Big Papiville

Re: Wil Myers Watch

Postby silverZ » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:06 am

Izenhart wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Courtesy of FanGraphs:
With Cain taking over centerfield, Alex Gordon and Jeff Francoeur handling the corners and Jason Bourgeois holding down the fourth outfielder responsibilities, there’s just no room for Myers to play regularly.


LOL. Myers is probably the best hitter of the four, why don't they call a spade a spade and just say they are shopping Francoeur and need him starting to get value for him in return, before handing Myers the FT gig.[/quote]

Apologies if this has already been answer; does service time still play a factor in Myers' call up? If not I can't imagine a scenario where Franky isn't traded and Myers isn't up by the deadline...
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2962
(Past Year: 73)
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apz and 14 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
San Francisco at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Tampa Bay at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Washington at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Detroit at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Baltimore at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
NY Mets at Seattle
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact