- Mike Trout has quickly reached the potential many speculated he possessed. Lately he's been filling the fantasy stat sheet top to bottom, and yesterday was no different. He blasted a homer and stole two bases in a losing effort to the (chuckle) Padres.
- Teammates Ryan Braun and Corey Hart combined to score 5 Runs, driving in 6.
- Bryce Harper scored 3 Runs with 2 RBI on Sunday. Combined with Trout, owners are getting way more than they bargained for, way earlier than they anticipated. How long can they keep up?
- Max Scherzer fanned 15, continuing his Jeckyl & Heyd theme he's had going for several years now. Colby Lewis, to a lesser extent, has done the same, and worked through 8 innings of 1-run ball yesterday, striking out 6 en route to victory.
- Tim Hudson continued to look good after returning from the DL. Aside from a blowup in Colorado, Hudson has had 4 impressive starts, the last 3 of which have been the Quality variety. Huddy is 3 - 1 with a 1.19 WHIP and 3.03 ERA on the season. Same old, same old.
- Zack Greinke's crazy ass still refuses to lose at Miller Park. Getting 16 runs of support certainly helps, but Zack cruised through 6.2 innings, fanning 6, allowing a single run to the Twinkies.
No starters on my docket today, but after trading away Morrow and Dempster last week, I'm using my first spot start since Week 1 this week in James (not John) McDonald. He's been untouchable at Home, and I'm hoping he can continue that when the Mets and Cubs visit the Steel City this week. It was sad letting Middlebrooks go for him, but with a looming demotion hanging in the balance, and Lawrie returning from suspension, time was of the essence.
I'm throwing out MadBum and Felipe Paulino today. I wouldn't advise Paulino, but I'm in a matchup where my opponent used all his bench spots on SP's and it's gonna be a race for K's, W's, and QS...Paulino was the best 2-start option available.
I'm surprised no one has picked less than 71 in the poll. This Trout kid must be good!
Today I have Minor on my worst team and Drabek on my 2nd to worst team (Hmm coincidence?) Also have king Felix on two teams and Darvish on three! Bumgarner is my main man today, starting on my money team and 4 others. Smokin em if I got em today no one is being benched. I need the innings.
My pitching really sucks lately after having been so good. Felix, Cain, Bedard, Smyly, Parker all coming off mediocre/awful starts. Thank God for Beachy. Felix and Bedard going today, hopefully they can right the ship.
Felix vs. Darvish today. I will be watching this game. Possible range of outcomes is quite large. I'm excited but not optimistic.
In other news, Trout is really complicating my life. I've got him stashed in the minors system of one of my dynasty leagues and we don't have a system to send people back down. Once I call him up, he's up. My heart is saying PLEASE call him up and bench Ike Davis forever, my head is saying well, if/when he cools off, you're not getting that roster spot back...