Faster way to calculate stats and store them? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Faster way to calculate stats and store them?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Faster way to calculate stats and store them?

Postby jonboycubs » Sun May 20, 2012 4:42 pm

I run a 16 team points league. Since it is points it does not show statistics. So each week I go through and calculate BA,SLUG,OB,ERA,WHIP,K-BB. To do this I use separate calculators I found for each stat online. So when I do each stat I have to click on a different tab. Then when I have done the week stats through box scores I go to standings on espn pages and calculate the season standings for each team. I post these in my power rankings and so forth. As you can imagine this can be somewhat time consuming and even though I do like to do it, a faster way of doing it would be nice.

I have searched the internet but have come up empty looking for a calculator that will do them all at once or even better some kind of spreadsheet or database, something that will calculate the week stats for me when I enter the info so I have them, but at the same time automatically update the season stats so I do not have to go through and recalculate them all over again. I know a spreadsheet can do this but I have had the hardest time trying to get one set up and my computer skill are well, lets say not that good outside of fantasy baseball since that is all I really use my computer for. Any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated and thanks for you help. If I did not explain myself right just ask and I will do my best to try agian.
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 602)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner