Where is Anthony Rizzo??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Where is Anthony Rizzo???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where is Anthony Rizzo???

Postby mayor quimby » Sat May 19, 2012 11:25 pm

I don't understand what the cubs are waiting for...??? I want to be the first to snag Rizzo but I also don't want to have him occupy one of my roster spots if he's not gonna play. Does anyone know or have an inside scoop on when he might be called up?

Thanks.
mayor quimby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where is Anthony Rizzo???

Postby Goatrider » Sun May 20, 2012 2:08 am

Go Cubs Go! But I think Rizzo is going to wait awhile. Lots of things working against him. Cubs stink, so the arbitration clock will not be started early on Rizzo. So mid-June is going to be the earliest. On top of that, you probably have noticed LaHair leads NL first basemen in home runs with a high average. That means LaHair would have to move to a corner OF spot. DeJesus and Campana are playing quite well, which means Soriano would have to go. He is heating up and actually hustling on D, but that puts Rizzo somewhere near the trade deadline July 31st. It is widely thought Soriano was successfully traded twice in the offseason to Baltimore and Seattle and blocked both trades. So no guarantee he moves even if traded with that contract, but maybe Baltimore is looking a little better now. If it gets pass that deadline, no reason to call him up until September roster expansions.

Or he might get called-up tomorrow. But I doubt it. Theo and Hoyer have been patient and on plan thus far. Plus Hoyer witnessed those 128 SD at bats first hand.
Goatrider
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions